Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2015

:lol: Know what you mean, it always looks so simple doesn't it!

I always have a moment of 'what on earth was I thinking, this is for real crafters, not people like me!' ' but I know that I really appreciate receiving something that someone else has made and I won't be examining the construction. To everyone else out there, stop beating yourself up about 'is it good enough' - your swappee will just be thrilled to receive it.

I have that problem with most things :(

Still, I am good at the one thing I can do so I hope my swappee likes what I make.

I think a lot of it is about confidence and being shown how to do it properly in the first place.

I did see a little course about crocheting snowflakes in our local library but you had to be able to crochet and they only seemed to do the courses during the day - I can only do courses at the weekend and school holidays - so I told them they should do it other times too but never heard anything back :(

That's a pity - they should have had the decency to respond. I wanted to register for a card to trace my family history so I asked Basingstoke's registry office and they never answered either. I think I'll pop into Reading seeing as some of the ancestors lived there after Mortimer. Strange I should only live down the road from where they were!

I would also be grateful for what I receive - knowing the loving care gone into it. I was trying to rush mine as I wanted it done before going in for an op. Not quite done yet though and I had the op yesterday!!!

:lol: No way am I carving a melon! But doesn't it look fantastic when they finish!!! Carving not my strong point although I'm a whizz with a plane and file, hammer and nails.