quickcluck

Age old question Samsung or iphone.......

It's coming up to that time of year again, the change of phone contract! But which way to go?????

I am an age old android fan, but for some reason am considering iphone 6(+) along side the galaxy edge (+)

Know nothing about iphones but as the galaxy no longer offers the SD card option, I thought it was time to look about.

So my quandries are...

how much memory 32 or 64g My present S4 is full (16g + 8g card)

userbility

any querks to consider with each???

thanks in advance.

K

x0x0x

I love my iPhone 6 which I have had since March, but the main reason for this is that it actually works which my previous phone a cheapish Samsung did not. I also have an iPad which is nearly 3 years old and I love the ease of use of apple products.

My ED is a die hard android fan though and had a brilliant nexus phone for the whole of her uni says and has just replaced it with a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua which she loves.

Definite Apple fan here, my last few phones are been iPhones to replace HTC and Samsung.

I have an iPad and we also have a Mac and Macbooks at home and its great that they all connect to each other.

Love the easy of use and flexibility, I'll probably get the 6 at Easter when my contract runs out.

I hate the restrictions imposed by Apple, and prefer Android everything myself.

Me too.

In my opinion the Android operating system is far superior iPhone.

My daughter has a Samsung S6, & she rates it so highly that I am thinking of getting one myself - always had HTC phones up until now 8)

I love how Android links in with my Google account, so I can view my Google calendar, Keep lists & so forth from my phone or computer. HTC phones & Samsung phones have better cameras than iPhone too, which is a very important part of the phone for me.

I hate the restrictions imposed by Apple, and prefer Android everything myself.

My OH dislikes Apple for the same reason but he did buy me an iphone last Christmas and I love it but my old phone didn't work very well and didn't do various things that I like on the iphone. So if he had bought me an Android i would probably have liked that too.

My iphone is not perfect it often goes to mute even when the volume is on which is annoying as you miss texts.

Chrissie

Currently have Galaxy 5 but it's getting old now. The constant updates of things I don't use drive me potty. I think I've disabled them and then another thing is updated - most been reset to factory settings and they keep warning about things I may use so I don't touch those. I only have very few apps on there - just 7 and that includes antivirus software. But I love the camera, it takes great photos.

Functionally, I have no real issues either way. All I would say is that every privacy issue I've come across so far with smartphones has been with Android, or more specifically with Android apps and the more lax privacy controls asserted by Google Play on developers. It's not perfect with the iPhone, but manageable, and a report release recently and reported on the BBC website backs up my gut feelings with empirical evidence.

Apple for me too!

We only had Apple at home when I was a kid. First time I had to use a PC I was shocked at how stupid the machine was!

I have a iPad with cellular and a LG (stupid dumb phone...). Don't use internet on my phone outside of home, so got a cheap one. But it is an annoying phone.

Apple isn't what it used to be though. They play dirty trick too. I'm convinced an update killed my previous iPad. It lost it's cellular connection. :evil:

Apple care programme is perfect though! Got a whole new iPad for €50 when I dropped mine and cracked the screen.