Groovychook

Terry Wogan

Devastated. I remember crying with laughter over his thoughts on Dallas and Dynasty, or Dysentery, as he called it, the Nolan Brothers, and how he resurrected a positively dreadful song about a lighthouse shining across the bay by a 1930's German Actor called Conrad Veidt. He caused it to be bought by fans and it made its way into the charts.

Who can forget "the poison dwarf" Charlene in Dallas!!! :lol: I went to school with him in the mornings and then when I was getting up for work. My two used to have to listen to him when I did the school runs. I'd be crying with laughter at traffic lights on the way home! That would be Janet and John. Then the fireworks that they had which were the best ever! :lol:

I wrote in once and was really happy not because he'd read it out but because it had made him laugh.

Sadly the end of an era.

Very touching One Show tribute tonight, with Alan Dedicote, Graham Norton, Lyn Bowles, Chris Evans and a few others. Chris read a statement from his family at the end just before the Floral dance was played by the Brighouse and Rastrick brass band.his voice was breaking as he read it. R.I.P Sir Terry.

Devastated. I remember crying with laughter over his thoughts on Dallas and Dynasty, or Dysentery, as he called it, the Nolan Brothers, and how he resurrected a positively dreadful song about a lighthouse shining across the bay by a 1930's German Actor called Conrad Veidt. He caused it to be bought by fans and it made its way into the charts.

Oh my goodness I remember that one!

Wasn't there one that had the lines "your red scarf matches your eyes, you close your cover before striking, loving you has made me bananas"? Was that the same song of another one? I definitely remember it being one of Terry's regular's for while, cos my dad used to sing it all the time!

I grew up listening to Wogan, Radio 2 was the only radio station my parents would listen to and when I heard of Terry's passing on Sunday I actually felt like I'd lost part of my childhood. Very sad :(