patsylabrador

Granny knickers.....

......except I don't think they're called that - body shaping items of delight is their official title I believe.

I prefer to wear bikini briefs normally and this is the reason I'm trying these horrible underwear-

it's because I'm going to Japan, I'm 5'7" and a robust size 16 and Japanese ladies are not that! I just thought that I'd feel better if everything about me is more organised. They're actually quite good but I don't like that they're higher than my jeans waistline or that they make my waist bulge a bit.

I had four big babies in four years and my tummy muscles have never forgiven me but these underwear are doing an OK job. My asbestos knickers OH calls them.

Just thought I'd share!!

I like body smoothing underwear under the dresses I wear for work - except they are a faff when you go to the loo.

So really don't do it on holiday :shock: - especially as some of the loos in Japan last time I went were still squatting loos and managing control undies as well as squatting could be difficult :oops: Also likely to be hotter and more humid, not good with lycra...

As another lady with a shape distinctly different to petite slim Japanese ladies we look different to them anyway, they really aren't going to take any notice of wobbly bits as well :lol:

Hope you have a fabulous (and comfortable) time

They are not body shaping knicks as such, but THUNDERPANTS are a marvel.

They are from New Zealand, but they have just started selling from the UK too - they don't go 'up your bum' & are the last word in comfort.

They come in plains or a large variety of funky patterns.

They were an Onlet must have from a long time ago - I have worn them ever since :D

Thunderpants swimming briefs (worn with a tankini top) - the best! I got the recommendations from here some years ago, I just wear M&S ordinary undies otherwise and accept my shape. It is what it is and I'm not prepared to take the steps necessary to change it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thunderpants!!! Just the name has me in fits! I couldn't get those because hubby would delight in referring to something else (when it applies to him more) and he doesn't need any encouragement there!!!

I really hate my M&S big knickers. They look like wind socks when I hang them on the line. I prefer bikini/midi pants unless I wear trousers and then it has to be the horrid ones.

I did have those that pulled tum in, but they didn't seem to go high enough and you get a nice little roll over the waistband. And I don't like it when they are too tight round my legs either. I did have the shorts when I was bigger and they were really comfy. Not so now - they keep giving me wedgies! So I shall be taking them on holiday and discarding them instead of bringing them home to wash!

THUNDERPANTS

Not about knickers, but an excellent film for anyone with small children who think popping one is funny :lol:

Really was a good film about an odd boy who saves the day by popping.(sorry I can't stand the Far.... word)

Anyway, might give these a look at as only wear girls boxers.

Grandmashazzie, I definitely plan to share, I'm too excited to not!

Valkyrie, thinking of your pants blowing like a windsock kept making me laugh while I was doing my fitness.

Luvachicken, I agree , the film is funny for kids and most men.

I don't think I like the big knicks - I persevered all morning, and while I did my fitness then I whipped them off out of irritation - you'll be glad to know I was home at the time.

They were too constricting and I didn't think they were flattering for me. They smoothed down my hips but everything was shoved out the top so instead of having a waist and hips I was just a lumpy cylinder. I think Willow is right and I'd rather be comfortable as myself.

I won't waste them - I shall use them as a windsock.

Solution Soapdragon style; instead of big knickers I wear big tops :shock: I am happy with most of my body (thanks to my trusty stepper) but my midriff is, um, slightly more mobile than hitherto so I like to wear leggings (as have reasonable legs) then any sort of loose ish top which skims over aforesaid midriff thus giving the impression (she says hopefully :oops: ) of being in fairly good nick for my age.

Oh hell...who am I kidding; pass the Pringles someone :whistle:

Due to a broken wrist (right hand out of action and in cast/splint for months) I am in granny pants as need pants that stay up, also in elasticated waist trousers and non slip shoes, I look a complete fright.

Lets have a hurrah for granny pants

On 4/16/2016 at 11:24 AM, Guest said:

Due to a broken wrist (right hand out of action and in cast/splint for months) I am in granny pants as need pants that stay up, also in elasticated waist trousers and non slip shoes, I look a complete fright.

Lets have a hurrah for granny pants

Directoire knickers have a big thumbs up 👍👍👍👍👍👍