gavclojak

What is your music of choice

I have a random selection. Queen would be top,also Dire Straits,for cheese Abba and I have just discovered John Owen Jones who I saw in Phantom. He has a lovely voice and I got 2 of his CDs, Simon and Garfunkel, The Disturbed have a lovely version of Sound Of Silence, check it out on u tube. Seventies oldies,most bring back memories.

I listen to Radio 4 when I clean...depending on the programme I know whereabouts I should be in the house (provided I start at the same time, which I try to do!!!)

There are lots of diff progs on which I prob wouldn't listen to otherwise.....eg. there was something on about yoga on Friday last and it was fascinating even though I have never done yoga! I like the consumer prog You and Yours and Woman's Hour is sometimes very interesting. Equally, Desert Island Discs can be amazing, depending on who is on. Warwick Davis was last week's castaway and brilliant!

I listen to pretty much anything, from pop to dance, to indie and rock. This week I have been listening to albums by Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stoneage and Pet Shops Boys :D I only really dislike Europop screechy songs and some rap, and country music, though I do love Johnny Cash.

I have an eclectic music taste, and tend to focus on single songs that I like by some artists, although I love anything sung by David Coverdale :D

Songs I'm listening to at the moment are; Dope - You spin me round, Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan, The Pierces - You'll be mine, The Band Perry - Better dig two, Dennis Brown - Wichita Lineman, Black Country Communion - Cold, Phantom Blue - Time to Run, No Sweat - Heart and Soul, Deep Purple - Child in time, Royal Blood - Figure it out, Airbourne - No way but the hard way, Bread - Baby I'm-a want you.

I have recently sorted and sold a lot of 7" singles I bought in the 70's and 80's, some of which were shockingly bad, I had a copy of Wonderdogs ruff mix, which sat alongside Tusk by Fleetwood Mac!!

I have absolutely no idea why I like this now in my fifties but I love loud metal.

Five Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Rammstein.

Halestorm and Shinedown are more traditional rock.

Twenty one pilots and Avenged Sevenfold.

I think my favourite is Leo Moracchioli, a Norwegian who does Metal covers of everything from Abba to White Christmas to The Wheels on the Bus. Check him out, his little girl joins him in lots of his covers. It's lots of fun.

I think it's about shouting, I love songs I can shout along to when I'm cleaning. It makes me happy.

Maybe this is why I don't enjoy cleaning, I don't do it to music!

Oh Olly! It's the only way to do it.

Ok, next time I clean the kitchen floor I'm going to try it. Probably The Clash - I feel it will need to be something vigorous. I'll let you know how it goes!

I like all kinds of stuff. Love The Clash, The Jam (music of my yoof), reggae- all kinds but especially Damian Marley at the moment. David Bowie, lots of modern British folk- love The Peatbog Faeries! Like lots of Soul, a bit of jazz & swing and lots of dance music.

My earworm at the moment is 'Speck of Gold' by Afterlife.

Oh, and love a bit of disco too!

I like all sorts, but my favourites are Kasabian, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Royal Blood, Ash, Simple Minds, Frank Turner, Springsteen & Prince.....

That said, I also love Sinatra, The Beach Boys, Elton & Stevie Wonder.......it really depends on my mood!

I will listen to almost anything, except Country, Gospel, Screamo, House, Opera or Rap.

Good job we are all different, it's what makes the world go round. All of the above make my ears bleed and I just can't listen!!! Lol.

For me urban all the way and new music... Grime is my latest favourite but I like rap and hip hop too. It's just unfortunate about the themes and language. :shock:

Whoever said music is so evocotive is so right.