soapdragon

Here We Go Round The Baking Tent....again!

Wish I could pout like Candice - and every colour lippy she wears suits her. Most unfair - if I wear red I look trollopey :shock: she is very annoying. I loved Jo Brand giving Val a hard time re her starting her bakewell tart at point 5 and not

point 1. She was vain about wearing her specs. Good job the rest of us arent otherwise chaos would prevail :lol:

Please see seperate post about varifocals :lol: I'd not have stood a chance with or without :lol:

With regard to Val and her independent approach; I am very much a 'freeform' baker but always follow a new reciept to the letter the first time then tiddle around with it thereafter.....depending on how it has worked and personal taste etc. However, you DON'T want to be tiddling around on Bake Off! That's asking for trouble :roll:

is worth a watch, if the linky works! Its a farewell to GBBO rap!

The right result today....felt poor Tom had been 'up there' on a couple of other occasions but others were just slightly worse!!!! For me finals will be Andrew, Benjamina and Jane. Sadly I think that Selasi will be next out tho I love his 'laidbackness' and willingness to help the others. As OH says (every week :roll: ) he'd be a great chap to go for a drink with....!) but, without being contentious, I still find 'pouting lipstick lady' HUGELY annoying!

It's all rather poignant...we know it's the last time we'll see all this but, of course, no one in the tent was aware that the last 'on your marks, get set, bake' was actually the very last one :boohoo:

I found the pouting lips lady a bit annoying to start with, but then I stumbled across some twitter comments. She has received some really, really horrible comments -It's so easy to forget that these are real people, with real lives and real feelings.

She responded to the twitter comments really well. It really made me see her in a different way, and now I really like her.

I found the pouting lips lady a bit annoying to start with, but then I stumbled across some twitter comments. She has received some really, really horrible comments -It's so easy to forget that these are real people, with real lives and real feelings.

She responded to the twitter comments really well. It really made me see her in a different way, and now I really like her.

That's partly why I would never use twitter or whatever that other thing is called. Whilst people are quite at liberty to express opinions there is no need whatsoever for being vile and rude and it seems that those who do this can hide behind the internet whilst doing it :shameonu: However, whilst its no defence at all, those who put themselves in the spotlight must accept the possibility of some comment as it is a free society but there's no excuse for not playing nicely! Twitter and the other thing should really do far more to police themselves...they need MODS!

I am still thinking Jane, Benjamina and Andrew for the final...with Jane or Benjamina taking the crown. I do miss Val though! I thought that meringue layer thing looked amazingly tricky and would happily have eaten them all!

I have just had this conversation with my YD who isn't wearing her foundation today and has no mascara on her lower lashes and she looks sad. It is just that we are so used to her being permanently made up. She had a cold a couple of weeks back and one day she had absolutely no make up on and even as her mother I never see her like that, she looked years younger, she is nearly 18 and it was like having my baby back :lol: . She hated that we kept saying how cute she looked. She loves Candice's look.

I would like to see Benjamina win, can't really call who will be the next to go.

After the huge furore in the media everything seems to have gone quiet with regard to the future of GBBO. I wonder what legal wranglings are going on behind the scenes! Am looking forward to catching up with 'an Extra Slice' this evening - we recorded it - I heard Jo Brand interviewed last Monday on Woman's Hour about her new TV show and they asked about her GBBO role and she said that she had heard absoluteley nothing...didn't know what was happening and no one had approached her in any way connected with the future of it. One wonders about the joined up thinking of C4 :roll:

- I heard Jo Brand interviewed last Monday on Woman's Hour about her new TV show and they asked about her GBBO role and she said that she had heard absoluteley nothing...didn't know what was happening and no one had approached her in any way connected with the future of it. One wonders about the joined up thinking of C4 :roll:

:shock: I do think an extra slice is as much part of the GBBO viewing experience as the main presenters of GBBO. How can they not consider it as part of the package?

It does rather beggar belief, doesn't it? However, it seems part and parcel of the way that the whole thing has been handles when you realise that C4 didn't even know, when they negotiated for GBBO, that the presenters were not tied in to the deal! They got Paul Hollywood and an expensive marquee.

A lesson to all of us that the devil is in the detail :lol:

Seemed to be between Selasi and Benjamina though I thought that Selasi fulfilled the brief much better...cranberries in a Tudor bake? Mexican flavours in a Tudor bake? I loved Selasi's crown effect and the 6 panels for the 6 wives (of H8!) and the sword and crown for Bosworth (the start of the Tudor dynasty!)

It's getting very tense in the tent :roll: