soapdragon

Here We Go Round The Baking Tent....again!

I was sad to see her go this week, and will miss the raport between her and Selasi. But I think she was the right one to go.

My daughters friend was on an extra slice last week. She and her friend made a cake for Andrew as he is ginger and so are they! I was a bit surprised to see her (I'd seen a cryptic fb post earlier in the week but didn't put two and two together :roll: ) so had to rewind the tv to get some screenshots to send to my daughter away at uni and no tv :D

I think the winner will be either Candice, who I do like, or Andrew.

I think anyone who goes on the Extra Slice is very brave! Wow :dance::clap:

I had predicted Andrew, Jane and Benjamina for the final...however now revised to Candace, Andrew and Jane. HOWEVER, I'd like it to be Selasi, Andrew and Jane with Selasi the winner but feel that Selasi will be ousted next round ...hope I m wrong :think:

Ooooooh, can't stand the tension in the tent!

Mysic Soapdragon.........so sad to see Selasi go but it was a bit of a nail biter, wasn't it? Could almost have been Jane or Selasi but the fondants were just a bit on the basic side.

So...next question;who will win? That's a difficult one as they are all three so good that I guess it just depends on how things go 'on the day'. Looking forward to seeing Selasi on An Extra Slice on Friday!

I would love Andrew to win as he's a Norn Iron lad, came from 5 miles from where I live. Though I am guessing it may be between Jane and Lippy. Jane is more traditional and experienced and Candice is more creative.Am seeing Candice in my crystal ball although I haven't warmed to her at all. I wonder is it a woman thing. I can't be doing with the fluttering eyelashes and lippy. I am sure she must be a nice girl,just not someone I could imagine having a cuppa with.

I've warmed more to Candice over the series, I do feel sorry for her with the nasty comments she's had online. I'm not sure I could cope with seeing my mannerisms and expressions on tv :shock: I love lipstick and try to remember to reapply regularly. Even still use one of the retro lipstick mirrors that we had in the 70's :oops:

Loved Selasi, fun, flirty with a competitive streak running through him that made him work hard but rather delightfully he clearly did not want to succeed at anyone else's expense, (and I have a soft spot for Ghanaian men)

TBH with the exception of Ruby who has shown herself to be a bit petulant and unpleasant online post bake-off I've felt all the contestants on gbbo over the years have been nice people (I didn't see the first series).

Ahh, she made me cry! Well done her, well deserved....

Omg! Sherlock trailer!!!!

.......sorry, distracted there for a second! Whatwas I saying? Yes, brilliant final to a wonderful programme, which I will miss enormously. Ive watched it since it was on BBC two and have loved it all.

I loved it that, when she was asked to bake for HM and was - understandably - very nervous Nadiya's children thought that Mary Berry WAS the Queen!She always has something positive to say about a bake, even if it's that it's 'informal' (read...mess!) Goodness, if I am anywhere near as mobile, sharp and generally with it at 81 I shall be delighted (quite frankly struggling at 52 :wink: )

Looking forward to seeing what The Beeb serve up with Mary, Mel and Sue next year!