Alis girls

Proms in the park rant

Now I am by nature a clean living gal, don't smoke have the odd tipple and am house trained. Tomorrow we are off to party in the park. Was looking forward to a glass of champers or Pimms with a picnic. But no the rules are so stupid. No alcohol allowed to be bought in no glass, no cans list is endless. ES in isle of Wight festival has taken a crate of beer in to get legless on. But mum 54 will have to pay extortionate prices for a drinky poo. :evil: I mean OK for the kids to get rat bottomed (can't say A word) but mum no way. I have chuntered all day to OH about this and am devising ways to sneak some in. Planning to wear a maxi dress with a bottle strapped to each thigh. :wink: fed up of bring told what I can and can't do.grrrrrr

Infuriating, but it seems to be the case at most of these events - they dress it up as 'safety' but really it means you have to buy from them. I recall going to The Fleadh at Finsbury Park some years ago, and discovering that they were inspecting all bags on the way in. I opened my coolbag and braced myself for the inevitable - only to find the security guard glanced at the packet of ham on top and smiled kindly and waved me on. A very little further inspection would have revealed a wine box underneath the ham! However I don't think they let you take food in either, these days.

My preference is to take a picnic and sit outside - they can't stop you listening to the music! In recent years I've enjoyed The Stones, Neil Young and others this way.

I share your angst...at our age lets have a little sensibility about what we consume :twisted: Have you considered decanting vodka/gin into small mineral water bottles and taking tonics, lemonade etc seperately? Not wanting to suggest anything but being a little inventive could be useful :wall::think:

Either that or e mail the organisers with a scathing 'I am old enough to be responsible; how dare you dictate - how many people do you want to lose' theme. Maybe the organisers just don't understand the way that they are spoiling people's enjoyment.

If you are taking picnic you could put wine in lemonade bottle. If you have a roomy bag,esp with dark lining you can put mini wine bottle in black sock at bottom. They don't seem to notice. I was at festival last week where you are not allowed to bring in booze. Then you have to buy theirs. I have no prob with that except there wine is revolting and undrinkable. My friend and I brought in 5 mini bottles. Our light coats had inside pockets. They just checked bags so you could have had anything in coat or person!

We were allowed into water world in Spain with our own food cos the Geordie guy on the gate said "you're English but be discreet or I'll lose my job" I nearly kissed him :shock: but managed to not scare him. :lol:

Gave a lady a bunch of flowers at the ticket box of the zoo today. She was very confused. :lol:

Got flowers from a colleague, but was planning a visit to the zoo too in the afternoon and had to drive home on my motorcycle. So the flowers were not going to happen for me. She did take them though! :D

Decided against wine bottles taped to thighs as I know I will either fall over or clank :shock: If i was 10 years younger I would try looking pregnant. I have filled a flask with Jeeves and done a false bottom in my ice bag and secreted a bottle of lemonade. Thats as far as my life of crime will go couldn't be a drug mule as I'd never be able to swallow stuff. I will post to you from Holloway my friends - " send cake with file" :wink:

Well - my friend got away with her bottle of vino. We picked our staff member searching the bags with care. A tubby middle-aged man discovered my thermos. He missed the huge bottle of lemonade. "What's in here " he asked. "It's lemon tea with spices added " I replied opening my eyes wide and looking innocent :liar: he didn't look convinced and OH and our four friends were giggling. He let me through but I don't think he believed a word. Had a celebratory drink and enjoyed the show. Madness and Quo were brilliant . Elton John was long winded and we left early as very tired and cold. But had a good Pimms induced boogie. My ES told me I was very naughty and not setting a good example. Weather great. Thanks for your tips. Told OH that's what they do on Omlet when smuggling booze.