Groovychook

Puppy neutering

Well he's home, wearing a sort of doggy babygrow and has an inflatable collar to wear when he's in his cage tonight and during the daytime after that.

He's meant to be "zonked out" and happy to be having cage rest this evening... Not the case at all! We're having a job to stop him leaping around like a lunatic :shock:

He's not happy to be confined and I'm worried about him tearing his stitches, so I've got him pinned down next to me on the sofa. Goodness knows how the next few days are going to go.

Anyway, hopefully he'll heal quickly :pray:

Quicker than my bank balance...£190!

We had to take a chicken in yesterday too and her bill came to £45.

We're living on baked beans for a while now :roll::wink:

Aaww! What a litte cutie Wilf is :D

Thankfully Herbie had a blow-up collar when he had his cysts removed. It all took a very long time to heal and I'm not sure the furniture or our knees would have survived a cone. The soft collar makes it a lot easier for them to eat properly and sleep comfortably too.

Hope Wilf's all well now :angel:

He seems to be doing okay but woke up at 4.30am and when I went to let him out of his cage, he'd somehow managed to wriggle out of his inflatable collar :roll:

Thankfully he hadn't managed to manoeuvre the babygrow to get to the dressing!

He's a monkey... I'm having a devil of a job to get him to sit still. He won't settle in his cage and is only happy if I'm sat right next to him. Otherwise, he's jumping up and down off the sofas. I could do with him being sedated!

We've got that to look forward to with Cassie in a few weeks :? . Not looking forward to it. Don't know if it's worse for boys or girls?

I think it's a bigger op for a female but I'm sure that your lovely Cassie will be a better patient than Wilf.

I've just been out to see to the chooks for 10 minutes, so put him in his cage with his inflatable collar on.

Came back in to find him sitting on his collar and chewing the bung. We now have a very flat collar. I'm going to have to root around to see if we have a compatible bung on anything else that I can replace it with :roll::wall:

qN9GAk1m.jpg

Naughty Wilf... he's worn himself out after all that activity!

That's a great tip, thanks DM.

The monkey has managed to successfully give his inflatable a slow puncture today :wall:

Back to the vets tomorrow for his final check up, so hopefully we'll be able to dispose of his 'wardrobe'.

Any idea how long he will continue to have testosterone surges? I know that it probably won't be an instant thing but my leg is still getting a lot of attention every evening :roll:

Oh Lord :roll:

15 months Grandmashazzie?!!!!! Think I might buy him a soft basket of his own :wink:

We've tried the crate & kong combo too but he will not settle. He managed to unpick the stitching on his 'indestructible bed' yesterday and had merrily started pulling the stuffing out of it. He still wakes me up at 5am every morning too :wall:

I've just taken him on a really long walk to try and tire him out although he wasn't keen. A lorry whizzed past us a while back whilst out on a walk and he's nervous of venturing too far now.

On a more positive note, he's had his final check up and all's well. The flat tyre of a collar and the babygrow can be thrown away.