Roksteddie

Any point in clipping other wing?

It seems that my Skyline has gotten very used to her clipped wing and it now makes no difference to her ability to fly. Annoyingly she won't stay in the fenced off area where she's supposed to be away from my plants! Was wondering if clipping the other wing would feel 'weird' to her and throw her off balance again or would that just be futile?

She's still very young at about 7 months old and was clipped 3 months ago when we first got her. So I doubt any feathers have regrown. I understand that only doing one wing is meant to destabilise her but she seems perfectly in control of her flight at the moment. I guess that maybe I'll just have to accept it as it is...

As others have said, no only keep the one wing clipped. Check as she may have regrown feathers if they were done when she was young.

Is she laying yet?

They usually calm down a bit when they start laying and she'll start eating more so be a little heavier which may help.

I don't know what a skyline is, but if it has leg horn in it, you'll probably never ground her

I'm not sure she has leghorn in her but I know she has legbar (is there a difference?!) In any case she is very agile and slighter in frame than the other two so I suspect she'll never be grounded. It'ss a shame because I had intended to get a White Star in the future but they are known for getting very high up so I'll have to rethink that one...