Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2017 - Nearly time to open !!

Was frosty for us yesterday Ursula, but slightly cloudier and warmer today.

We may well get names that we have had before but DD and I will try to give us all somebody different ...... once we have watched the Bake Off final :wink:

Also would just like to check that everyone is happy to be posting abroad ? If you would rather not, could you PM me please ?

I have sent everybody their swap details :dance:

The last posting date for The Netherlands is 15th December.

The last posting date for France is 16 December.

I was thinking we could post around the 8th of December giving plenty of time if things get delayed.

I hope that is OK with everyone :D ?

:lol:

Cool beans!

Now I have a special tin of buttons. It even says "Buttons" on the lid - a present from my friend. Do you think I can find the bally thing? Not on your Nelly! I've pulled cupboards out and hunted high, I've hunted low. The room is like some landfill site but the elusive button box has done a runner! Soooo while hunting I found some old buttons that I snipped off an old M&S cardigan that covered my bottom when I was thin. There are a lot of buttons! But I only needed one and it matched the fabric for my little Christmas decoration thingy. I made two and the other one I tied a little bow. Come to think of it I had loads of little pre-made bows when we went to Hobbycraft to decorate my broken ankle - I didn't find them either! Maybe they'll all turn up when I start tidying up! :roll:

One thing is I won't be needing them for my victim! :lol:

Now if I find a cat somewhere I'll be highly delighted. Then OH would have found that long before me - sniffle sniffle sneeze sneeze! :lol:

Ooh by the way Luvvie - did you know there's a quilt shop in Fleet behind Clintons? I didn't until the lady came to sell some stuff at our group last night. I may have accidentally purchased some things! :oops: But I'll certainly pop in there at some stage. It's nice to find somewhere with different tastes in fabric - between them all they have a nice balance.

Added bonus is there is free parking somewhere along there for 2 hours. :D

Ooh by the way Luvvie - did you know there's a quilt shop in Fleet behind Clintons?

I only found that shop last year and it had been there for 2 :oops:

I've bought beautiful Christmas buttons and a fat quarter with Bluetits, Owls and gold baubles on from there.

I don't know what to do with the fat quarter as I don't really sew but I really liked the material :roll:

I am always asking if they have stuff with chickens on.

Added bonus is there is free parking somewhere along there for 2 hours. :D

There is definitely free parking for an hour in some streets if you are lucky to get a space.

I've not seen the free 2 hour spaces though. I wonder where they are ?

Sadly neither! :lol:

I've been decorating and now the touching up session has started. That is me with a paintbrush, not OH who's delighted with the transformation of the rooms! :lol: I've cleaned the house and now I can relax for a while - which means tidy up the tornado debris in the Crows Nest! :wink: I'll be hunting for those blooming things at the same time!