Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2017 - Nearly time to open !!

One of my favourite things when I was a child was playing with my mother's button box. There were all sorts of things in there. I wish I knew where it went when the house was cleared, I'd love to have it now!

Just popping in to say that I'm sorry not to be joining in the swap this year, I know that on Christmas Day I'll be really envious when I see all the gifts being opened. I just didn't feel I'd have time this year with other stuff going on. Good luck with your swap projects!

Never mind Olly - stuff happens to us all.

I loved my mum's button box. It was a dark blue/black box that originally contained large cogs that my dad used to work with - the empty box he brought home. I have my 21st birthday things in a half size box! But the best thing about the big box was so many colours and sort of mother of pearly buttons - and a huge green button which was one of my earliest memories of her while pushing my pram wearing a dark green coat with the buttons to match. It wasn't raining but the pram hood was up and so was the little flap at the front - it must have been a chilly wind. I even remember the road she was crossing - the last up and downy before we had a straight run to home.

I wonder if she still has it?

One section of the underneath cupboard upstairs has been rearranged and there was no button box. Other side will be done Monday. Off to Daventry tomorrow and carting a ton of boxes to DD's new house! Some from our garage - whoohoo!