Luvachicken

Coffee machine recommendations please

We went to stay with friends last weekend that had a very small coffee machine with the pods.

It made delicious latte but they had bought a separate frother which didn't seem to work properly.

I'm thinking about getting a small one too but cannot remember the name of the one they had.

My kitchen is only small so that's why I would like a little one - I'd also like it to do hot chocolate, I think you can get pods for that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to go for, I don't particularly want anything too expensive though, maybe up to £100.

Thanks for any ideas :-D   

We have a coffee machine Luvachicken,my husband checked out Which etc and went for a delonghi magnifica. It uses coffee beans as when he looked into it over time the pods worked out very expensive. I suppose depends how much you drink and if you like the flavours. He likes straight coffee, it also has a milk frother, which we do hot chocolate with. I mostly drink tea.

Funny that, I mostly drink tea too :lol:

These days though I have been drinking hot water - very refreshing once you train your brain not to expect tea.

I hardly drink coffee (having food poisoning for a month a couple of years ago puts you off of the smell) but I can manage a latte.

I do like a hot chocolate though and having it out with friends would almost pay for a box of pods.

It was just an idea - probably cheaper to stick with my jar of Galaxy hot chocolate powder with hot water and a dollop of milk. 

I’m a tea person too. And the last 12 months also have peppermint tea sometimes to try to cut down on my caffeine intake (especially during the winter when my colleagues and I are in the office more and so drink more tea!).

Last week I was introduced to Green and Blacks drinking chocolate- expensive but AMAZING!! It has actual chocolate in it. I’ve always been a Cadburys girl but I’m converted.

The coffee machine pods are also very bad for the environment Luvachicken so I imagine from that point of view a machine like Grandmashazzie describes would be better.

We had a Nespresso at the vets which made really good coffee. The pods are quite expensive but are recyclable and the Lidl (and most supermarket) versions are compatible at half the price.

My housemate has a Nespresso which we haven't used for over a year but I was thinking yesterday I'm going to grab some pods for it this weekend :) 

On 08/09/2018 at 4:56 PM, mullethunter said:

The coffee machine pods are also very bad for the environment Luvachicken so I imagine from that point of view a machine like Grandmashazzie describes would be better.

Yes, I had thought of that, I've been really trying hard to reduce my use of plastic.