ajm200

Do any of you use Copdock Mill feed? Not heard of it before

As I’m not driving at the moment I have been checking out local options for chicken food.  Previously we used Marriages or Allen and Paige from the nearest Tackshop but that is over 3 miles away.  Our local pet shop, within walking distance, is stocking Copdock Mill feeds but I’ve never heard of the brand.  

Do any of you use it and would you recommend it?

it would be easy to cycle down there on my trike to get supplies rather than be reliant on hubby who travels for work.  Also would like to avoid delivery charges 

Thank in advance

B9C1963B-CF4C-4ABE-8A3D-E89B7697A3D1.jpeg

Used a cheaper brand once with my old girls and their egg quality went down which is why I’m asking 😊

Thanks everyone.  I’ve bought a 5kg of growers.  Seems very dusty and has no smell.  

Our local shop that stocked small holders and marriages now stocks Fancy Feeds.  I may have kept chickens for years but a few years without and suddenly my learning curve is steep again but I’ll get there  think I might have to buy Smallholders online 

1 hour ago, ajm200 said:

Got a bag of Garvo Alphamix in the post to use as treats instead of mixed corn.  It looks lovely.  Wish I could afford to use it as main feed.  

I bought some of this as a treat too but Garvo do do layers pellets - 731.

Mine have that with a bag of Marriage's with Flubenevet every 3 months.

Do you live near Rokers / Guildford ? 

• Like 1

I live fairly close - under 20 miles.  Not driving atm due to a health issue affecting my balance and vision.  Not sure hubby (a reluctant chicken keeper this time round) would drive me that far to buy expensive feed.  Little peckers have it online and seem to only have a £2.99 delivery.  Waiting for one of the kids to look and confirm or will check in the am when my vision is clearer.  

(I get the phone to read forum updates (like metal mickey the 70s TV robot) and audiotype for me.  Not always successfully!) 

• Like 1