soapdragon

Hip Op

Wow Soapdragon you are doing very well! Well done for dropping your pain meds down, fabulous! As soon as you can do an emergency stop you can drive, unless you’ve been told otherwise for whatever reason of course. OH had 6 weeks post op on first hip (NHS) and several apps (private) on second hip. Both physios worked through the exercise booklet and speeding OH through it as it is designed for an older patient. Look after yourself, you are doing so well 😀👍.

• Thanks 1

I used bio oil, various other ungents and some hideously expensive scar cream when I had my melonoma treated ( 18 inches of scarring in two places)

The bio oil was by far the best and I threw all the other stuff out, it was also easier to apply and massage in. The big trick is not to be too gentle (within reason, it is still early days for you..), you have to break down the scar tissue and keep at it - my scars are dificult to see now , but it didn't seem possible at the time.

You are doing really well, and are so positive - you'll be dancing on the table in no time 😀

Thanks everyone for the thumbs up on the Bio Oil. I'm using L'Occitane Petit Remedy at the mo as I just happened to have some handy ......it's very nice but I think I'll get some Bio Oil too. Scary Mary...I am massaging the stuff along the scar both night and morning and, as you say, being very firm with it! I'm not really worried about the visibility of it ongoing - after all I won't be modelling swimwear anytime soon! But it's quite 'hard' and does need to soften down.

I have my 6 week follow up with the surgeon  - or one of his team - next Wednesday (which will be 5 weeks but the original appointment letter said 20th May!) so that will be interesting as I'll get the result of the left hip MRI done 2 weeks pre op. Then I find out when that needs doing! Increased the physio excercises to 3 x per day and can def do that bit more with them. Still another 2 weeks to go for 'hip precautions' (ie; sleeping on my back, not bending, not crossing legs). So I won't be joining Michael Flatley just yet but I'm sure he'll get over it 😉.