Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2020

1 hour ago, Girly said:

I’m intrigued.  Hopefully mine is ok, fairly simple but made with lots of love.  My last part consisted of counting and applying.   Took all evening! It seems the finishing always seems to take time!   

I can never count and do  - my swimming proves that. I count my lengths then as soon as someone talks to me, I totally forget how to carry on counting :lol:

I'm sure what you have made will be well loved.

Well done for getting it finished already.

Not actually 'swappy' but 'Christmassy' so hope that's OK to use this thread!?

As services have been curtailed this year the local church have organised  possada.......no I had no clue what this is either! Apparently a Mexican tradition whereby Mary and Joseph plus donkey stays one night at someones house in the run up to reaching the inn. I'm not involved with the church but have started to follow it on their page as I think it's such a lovely idea. You can have a look on MAYANDJOSEPHVISITCHALGROVE.WORDPRESS.COM    if you can 'visit' the church too (not sure if you can via that link) it's worth a look at the wonderful wall paintings - they are stunning! Otherwise it's St Mary's Church, Chalgrove, Oxfordshire.

It's a constant source of amazement how people/communities/organisations adapt so quickly to these very different circumstances!

I've posted a parcel today too.

Just a word of warning though that Post Offices are pretty overworked at the moment.

I popped to our local one earlier and the area where you are meant to stand and wait was absolutely full of parcels, just about enough room to get to the till.

I'm thinking that some parcels may be delayed this year.

The lady at the till said it was difficult because the Post Office can't send out 2 people in a van, they can't have as many people in the sorting office and that Christmas was busy anyway but the virus just added to the mix. I feel quite sorry for them. 

And I guess because people can't see each other like they normally would, they might be sending parcels instead.

28 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

I've posted a parcel today too.

Just a word of warning though that Post Offices are pretty overworked at the moment.

I popped to our local one earlier and the area where you are meant to stand and wait was absolutely full of parcels, just about enough room to get to the till.

I'm thinking that some parcels may be delayed this year.

The lady at the till said it was difficult because the Post Office can't send out 2 people in a van, they can't have as many people in the sorting office and that Christmas was busy anyway but the virus just added to the mix. I feel quite sorry for them. 

And I guess because people can't see each other like they normally would, they might be sending parcels instead.

I had a very long que at the post office too today. Loads of people sending stuff. Also think it has to do with ordering so much stuff online. Over here delivery companies are still dealing with a back log of stuff from Black Friday.

2 hours ago, Cat tails said:

I had a very long que at the post office too today. Loads of people sending stuff. Also think it has to do with ordering so much stuff online. Over here delivery companies are still dealing with a back log of stuff from Black Friday.

Oh yes, I forgot about Black Friday adding to it too.

I really hope everything will arrive in time. I ordered something from Disney UK on the 27th of November and Hermes still “has” it, according to the tracking... they’ve had it since the 2nd of December. Haven’t seen anything yet.

Edited by Cat tails

42 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

I really hope everything will arrive in time. I ordered something from Disney UK on the 27th of November and Hermes still “has” it, according to the tracking... they’ve had it since the 2nd of December. Haven’t seen anything yet.

Just had contact with Disney and Hermes lost my parcel... and the items are out of stock at Disney. Just my luck...