Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2020

15 hours ago, soapdragon said:

Sadly have just found that we cannot see any family over Christmas as they are tier 4 and we are 2 but so many of us in the same boat........let's all keep positive and look forward!

14 hours ago, mullethunter said:

Boris could’ve saved her making the decision herself not to travel this year if he’d said this earlier.

Stay safe and stay strong everyone - next Christmas will be better xx

Yes, we had an emergency dash with presents for my Mum and Dad down to Portsmouth last night.

We haven't seen them since October half term so it was nice to chat in their front garden, even if it was a bit chilly.

It was weird looking through their lounge window to see how Chrismassy it was.

We even bunged in a few veggies that they could have for Christmas Day.

If, like Mullethunter said, Boris had said sooner we could have sorted things and been prepared.

It's the quickest wrapping we have ever done. We hadn't had the TV or radio on all day, so it was only when DD's boyfriend phoned to tell us at 7pm that we found out.

36 minutes ago, mullethunter said:

I now have 3 massive boxes to take to the post office tomorrow morning - they’ll be going express post and I’ll just be crossing my fingers that the post office can manage the massive demand they’re gonna have and get them there on time 🤞🏻

I have my fingers crossed for you xx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HarrisonFamily said:

Not long now - so excited My secret present will be the first one open ...

Mine is always the first to be opened on Christmas Day. 

I sneak down and open it whilst making a cup of tea.

I then say a quick thank you and then post photos later.

Unfortunately, this year we haven't all got our parcels in time, and some still haven't been sent, so I think those of us that have a delayed parcel will just have to say thank you at another time.

43 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

Mine is always the first to be opened on Christmas Day. 

I sneak down and open it whilst making a cup of tea.

I then say a quick thank you and then post photos later.

Unfortunately, this year we haven't all got our parcels in time, and some still haven't been sent, so I think those of us that have a delayed parcel will just have to say thank you at another time.

It will all be fine and understandable considering all circumstances! Next year I’ll all scold you again for being tardy! 😂

A few years ago my husband was so excited about the present he had bought me (we don't normally bother and only get token presents) - he made the children wait as I opened this present - so very excitedly I opened it - a box of nutty breakfast cereal  !!!

he was still so excited - i am looking at it confused -

"You used to eat it everyday when we first met - you loved it " -

Me - "I  don't like nuts and would never eat nutty breakfast cereal "

Husband - "If it wasn't you who was it ???""

He then spent most of Christmas day trying to work out what ex it was - we had been married 10 years at the time  - Luckily I found it really funny and it is the joke of every Christmas day since.

The following year I received a washing basket 😂😂

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, mullethunter said:

I’m hoping for a wheelbarrow which is actually a fairly common present in my family 🤣

Oh, I've always fancied one of those really nice purple wheelbarrows, but really don't have the space or need one.

If I had a garden like Monty Don then I would have one,

1 hour ago, Girly said:

And the village where my sister lives in Norfolk is flooded this morning. ☹️

I hope your sister is OK and not flooded.

On a lighter note, I have just received a parcel 😊 I gave it the usual shake and it rattles. Hubby says he knows what it is but won't tell me 😎

I have been feeling a little down the last few days but the sight of a parcel with Luvachicken on it has made my day 🎄  Thank you secret Santa xx

• Like 1