Luvachicken

Easter swap 2021

I'm just wondering, as we are basically in the same situation as last year with regards to Coronavirus, how many of you would like to take part or would rather it didn't go ahead at all ?

I don't want people to feel pressured into having to get supplies or spend money on supplies if they would rather not.

Or even making something and then wish they hadn't started because life has got them down.

I am more than happy to organise it again but thought I would ask and see what you might like to do.

Looks like we could be on then 😊

Easter this year is at the beginning of April so we need to aim to send parcels by 26th March to allow for delays and Bank Holidays - obviously you can send them sooner if you want.

I'm afraid I will need to be strict this year with regards to the joining in date and to sending me addresses.

If you would like to join in please say so by  18th FEBRUARY  and PM your addresses at the same time.

Me and Mr Luvachicken will then send details on 19th Feb  and you can get started - this gives us just over 4 weeks (almost 5) to make something and get it sent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Girly said:

I’d like to take part but am slightly worried about the postage. 

Over here it’s cheaper to send letterbox parcels than bigger parcels. As long as it stays within a certain size to fit through standard size letterbox. So maybe make something really flat? 😂

If sending overseas, don’t forget the customs slip!

I will look into the postage system here tomorrow, it seems with Brexit that the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing at the moment here. I know we can post anything up to 3cm thick as a letter and not a parcel but the delivery companies are charging import duties on the majority of parcels received here even if we order for example from M&S on the French site. 

8 hours ago, Ursula123 said:

I will look into the postage system here tomorrow, it seems with Brexit that the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing at the moment here. I know we can post anything up to 3cm thick as a letter and not a parcel but the delivery companies are charging import duties on the majority of parcels received here even if we order for example from M&S on the French site. 

Only if your order is over €22. I was rather shocked by the handling cost they add to the duty. €12 ! For charging me duty!

The rules for the swap, which I'm sure most of you know, are that

You must be an Omlet member for 3 months before you can join in.

All names of  Omleteers and addresses to be received by 18th February.

Please remember to post your swap in good time and it is a good idea to get some form of proof of postage but you don't have to.

If you find that you can't complete your swap, there is no shame in withdrawing, but please let me know in good time so that I can sort something else out instead.

Don't forget to send the organiser a PM to say that you have sent /received your parcel and post on the main page that you have received it - that way the person who sent you their parcel will know it has arrived.

Please try to keep up to date with swap news, by checking, and even posting on the thread regularly.

Remember to take a photo and post it on here to say Thank you 

Most of all, please reply to any PM's you might be sent, as this makes life so much easier (thank you 😊 )

It is mostly a craft swap but you can add little extras if you want to make your parcel a bit more.

Bear in mind some postal charges have gone up as of January and postage costs might be more than you think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luvvie, you are certainly a glutton for punishment!!! Thanks for the timely reminder regarding Easter. I am going to bow out this time round as have a lot going on (really, I do!!) in several departments but I haven't forgotten that my swapee from last year is still owed cake. When she is allowed out to play again I will get that sorted!

Happy swapping everyone!

• Like 1

I am going to bow out this time as there is so much uncertainty about extra customs charges, even though Catails has said about the €22 and below, I know that someone ordered a book from the UK for £4.99 and had to pay an extra €15 in charges when it arrived. The delivery companies seem to be levying this charge whatever and until the French and their love of paperwork sort it out I will have to look from a distance at all your creations. 

I look forward to seeing all the makes and thank you to Luvachicken for all the organising past, present and future. Hopefully I will. E able to take part in the Christmas swap.

• Like 1

Hello, 

We're fairly new here although have had our Eglu classic nine years. We also have a nine year old bantam and three who are nearly two years old.

We would love to join in the swap please. We live in Dorset, UK. I post abroad a lot and would suggest if people have an overseas swap partner they definitely need to tick 'gift' on the customs label so the recipient doesn't end up paying to receive it!

I sew but am wondering what sort of things people send.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Ellie

I’m wondering if more people would take part if we suggested that it would be acceptable to make a handmade card for this Easter swap?  You could get very creative with all sorts of materials as long as it fitted in a normal envelope within the weight limit.?  Paper cutting. Laser cutting, Lace work, quilting, knitting, crochet, silk painting, etc etc, 

Thanks, Cat Tails!   Ellasflock, basically anything goes.  I’d say concentrate on something light which can be easily posted this year.  Send your address by DM to Luvachicken, who waves a magic wand and matches us up.   We then beaver away to make something and send it to our recipient by the given date.   We then take s photograph of the wonderful present when we receive it, and post it on here. 

Do join in! 

• Like 2