little chickadee

Chickenalia

For my recent birthday I got (as well as lots of cards with chickens on)

A wire basket thing for keeping eggs in, with glass eggcups on top - it is really lovely but I haven't worked out how to put pictures inside posts yet - I might try and upload one

A pair of chicken mugs

A little plastic shopping bag with chickens on

A lovely pottery plate with chickens on

It makes a change, as before I used to get loads of things with cats on ... I don't think I am that difficult to choose presents for actually, :( I loved all of the above but I do wish people would think of other things sometimes!

My most awful but I love it piece of chickenalia is an egg shape moneybox with a face which cost 99 pence from the 99 pence shop :D Any money I find in pockets when sorting out the washing goes in it.

My best piece is a china egg holder in the shape of a wicker basket. The lid looks like the top of the basket and is "full of eggs". I use it to store receipts and old lottery tickets :roll:

Well, if this works (thanks little chickadee for the advice), here is a picture of my lovely egg-basket. The handle and egg-cups are that sort of greeny thick recycled glass.

I just wish it had more eggs in :( Didn't get ANY this morning!

IMG_0012-1.jpg

edited: aaargh - I can't get this image thing to work - somebody explain it please?

Sorted....claret :D

For my recent birthday I got (as well as lots of cards with chickens on)

A wire basket thing for keeping eggs in, with glass eggcups on top - it is really lovely but I haven't worked out how to put pictures inside posts yet - I might try and upload one

A pair of chicken mugs

A little plastic shopping bag with chickens on

A lovely pottery plate with chickens on

It makes a change, as before I used to get loads of things with cats on ... I don't think I am that difficult to choose presents for actually, :( I loved all of the above but I do wish people would think of other things sometimes!

i have loads of cat stuff too, & not much chickeny stuff.

I love your egg holder 8)

Thanks for sorting this Claret - I can't actually view pics at work, which is where I am very naughtily surfing the forum at the moment, but I think I've got the hang of it now.

I don't know where my friend got the wire baskety thing but it's perfect as I was getting too many eggs to keep in boxes - *bitter laugh* - not at the moment though!

Olly I love the egg basket too! Very classy! 8)

:lol::lol::lol: at the puking chicken - that would go down well at our dinner table! :lol:

My stepmum very thoughtfully bought me a lovely handmade, chicken money box for my egg money.

And somebody found this on ebay for me (you know who you are :wink: )Not quite chickenalia, more like omletforumalia 8)

8c6a_1.jpg