Well, Tony says hi to everyone on the forum!

I've got my quote. :roll:

It's a leetle bit more than I'd been bargaining on ... very good value, I'm sure, but I have a couple of other big expenses this month. Hmm, need to get the calculator out and see what I can squeeze, I'm sure I could probably live on what's in the freezer for the rest of this month and not do any shopping!

:lol: Every woman in my family has a running-away account! I have one, even though I ran away years ago and now live alone ... it's a little savings account, for personal use only i.e not household or bills.

My mum had one, she would never have left my father but she always said it made her feel better when he was being grumpy, to think she could go off somewhere on her own if she wanted to. It probably wouldn't have covered more than a couple of nights in a B&B, but she enjoyed the feeling of independence it gave her! (I should add that they were married for 56 years and generally very happy.)

Mine is not huge, but it's ring-fenced from my other finances, so it doesn't get spent on bills or boring stuff. In fact, it is mostly what was left in my mum's account when she died :( ... and somehow I feel sure that she would say that a WIR was exactly the sort of thing to spend it on! :D

When I first ordered my WIR from Tony-I was a bit :shock: at the price.

I kept wondering whether to just get a cheaper alternative but OH insisted that once it was bought he didn't want to have to replace it in a few years because it was cheap and nasty so I should get the Tony one.

So-that's what we did and I can honestly say that I am so glad I did.

I do believe that you pay for quality with things like this. My run is standing as strong as the day it was made. I think I was the first person to get a Tony run and posted the pics on here-now look what's happened!!! :lol::lol:

I think a WIR is a very good use for your running away money and you can always put the money back bit by bit once you have your run :D

I have just bought a 3 sided foldable to go inside my run to make introductions easier :wink:

Thanks for that xscrunchee - I've got no doubt that it will be value for money, everyone on here speaks so highly of Tony and the Aviaries4U runs - it's just that the mental figure I had was about 2/3 of the total quote.

I was really just guessing at what it would cost, and part of the increase is the delivery, having it assembled by him, and the roof. I don't want to have it without a plastic roof, if I'm doing this I may as well make it a long-lasting structure.

I'm sure it will be worth it though, I can't order it for a week or two anyway as I don't know when the man is coming to prune the apple tree yet, and that has to happen first. By the time that happens, I will have adjusted my mind to the new price.

You are all my inspiration. My cube is 2nd hand with standard run and 2mths in my garden.

I have the ground paved now ,yippeee ! i thought that would do for now hehehe,

But after tripping through this thread i have decided i need a WIR....but i have

no one to make me one so i will have to search for a really good joiner.....

........So much inspiration. Thank you all so much.

ok here is my new and improved run for those that haven't seen it in the other thread (I think it should be here as well), complete with guttering and a curved hole to allow the cube roof to slide :dance:

please excuse the bad grass, all will be made good when weather allows

SP_A0290.jpg

SP_A0291.jpg

SP_A0292.jpg

SP_A0293.jpg

edited to add in my bracket pictures :oops:

SP_A0294.jpg

SP_A0295.jpg

Love your WIR. Does the run sit on the base or is the base inside? :think: