Where are you getting your run panels from RosemarysBaby?? :D

A guy called carlhill71 on ebay he does roof panels and door panels made to measure you need to email him via ebay and he sends you an invoice for everything together i put mine through as 12 panels and he added the door and exchanged 3 panels for roofing panels but still waiting on despatch aaargh just over 2 weeks til chickens get collected lol You will find him if you type in aviary panel

Rosalind x

What an amazing run Mad Mitch :clap:

I agree, probably one of the best runs I have seen Michelle. :)

You have very lucky hens, they get to free range, and then even when they are shut in they get access to scratching area and a nice dry dustbath - ideal on wet days. Brilliant! :clap:

Here's the girls new run, lovingly hand-built by my wonderful OH (i'm sucking up a bit here!)

2007_04040013.jpg

The Eglus are outside the run to give more space and for easy cleaning

2007_04040015.jpg

The girls have a roosting bar which they all like, although usually only one at a time. The feeders are hooked on wire which is nailed to the outside wall.

2007_04040016.jpg[/img]

There are more photos in my album, click on the link in my signature.

Enjoy! :D

How do you clean the inside of the run?

..........and the sun shines in Edinburgh :lol:

Isn't it just typical lol In livingston we had i think 3 days of sun the girls where loving it sunbathing outside.

ANH absolutely love the run looking fantabulous x Might need to nick some ideas from you i need some perches for my girls to jump up on to take advantage of the height of the run aswell.

Kind of forgot about this thread in all my WIR excitement :oops:.
Yes, me too, so here's some pictures and web-links for my WIR (also an Aviaries4U run, like the one ANH built).

img1899.jpg

img1901.jpg

The base is constructed from 400mm x 400mm slabs, which were purchased from Wickes. They are laid out in 5 x 13 rows. The run itself is 15ft long x 6ft deep x 6ft high and took two days to construct from start to finish.

For those who like to look at pictures, there's a complete slideshow of the whole build, from levelling the soil and laying the slab base, to erecting the mesh panels and fitting out the run, here.

I've also created a page with pictures of specific details of the run construction and accessories like the translucent roof and guttering here.

Hope this helps those planning their own runs.

Andrew

Kind of forgot about this thread in all my WIR excitement :oops:.
Yes, me too, so here's some pictures and web-links for my WIR (also an Aviaries4U run, like the one ANH built).

img1899.jpg

img1901.jpg

The base is constructed from 400mm x 400mm slabs, which were purchased from Wickes. They are laid out in 5 x 13 rows. The run itself is 15ft long x 6ft deep x 6ft high and took two days to construct from start to finish.

For those who like to look at pictures, there's a complete slideshow of the whole build, from levelling the soil and laying the slab base, to erecting the mesh panels and fitting out the run, here.

I've also created a page with pictures of specific details of the run construction and accessories like the translucent roof and guttering here.

Hope this helps those planning their own runs.

Andrew

Just wondering if you are going to let the girls out of the run or will they stay there all time just i don't see much hope for that lovely border if they get out lol My girls been eating the rhodedendrons and every other plant in their way luckily i am not much of a gardener so anythign living is hardy enough to survive their appetites i would imagine lol Love the run massive wish i had more room i might have to add extentions. I added my eglu run to the side of mine so they have slightly more room as mine is meager in size

Just wondering if you are going to let the girls out of the run or will they stay there all time just i don't see much hope for that lovely border if they get out.
During the Spring and Summer (i.e. while vegetables, bulbs and flowers are growing) they stay in their run. During the Autumn / Winter they are allowed out to roam the garden and veg patch with impunity.

Andrew

Just wondering if you are going to let the girls out of the run or will they stay there all time just i don't see much hope for that lovely border if they get out.
During the Spring and Summer (i.e. while vegetables, bulbs and flowers are growing) they stay in their run. During the Autumn / Winter they are allowed out to roam the garden and veg patch with impunity.

Andrew

Good Call!!! :clap: see you are well organised.