That's OK, Lydia, I love talking WIRs :lol: .

It's 2m by 2.5 m plus the extra space on the bench and the eglu table. I work school hours 3 days a week so they're in the run all that time but we tend to let them freerange (in their netted area!) most of the time we're at home. To be honest though, even when their door is open they are usually in the run by choice 8)8) .

EDIT:

This shows the area they have, which isn't huge but they seem happy. The link is a video but you can see without playing it the size of the area.

3391344201_a4224d5323.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17108187@N05/3529672222/

ANH I love how you have your borders as your netted off free range area. I think when my husband has sorted the fence in the back garden I may, some how, try to do something similar...it also means you don't need to poo pick the garden.

has anyone made a wir themselves or have they been bought in :roll: ? just wondering do you use weldmesh roll or weldmesh sheets. Just thought maybe the sheets would look straighter!!! :roll:

thanks x

Heres some pictures of my WIR

2009-07-1212-24-532_resize.jpg

2009-07-1212-25-098_resize.jpg

2009-07-1212-26-018_resize.jpg

Football seats to spend time with the girls

2009-07-1212-29-158_resize.jpg

Inner double doors for introduction/hospital wing

2009-07-1212-30-363_resize.jpg

2009-07-1215-14-334_resize.jpg

Creating a mezzanine level

Hi guys...

here's my effort.

fully roofed, concrete blocks round edge to hopefully outfox Mr Fox.

Eglu fully connected to wire panel.

Not quite finished putting in roosting bars/perches etc but will probably stick in a swing much like KFC's eggscellant (sorry...) build.

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

:oops: thanks!

has anyone made a wir themselves or have they been bought in ? just wondering do you use weldmesh roll or weldmesh sheets. Just thought maybe the sheets would look straighter!!!

got the weldmesh from Wilkinsons. £20 for a ten metre roll.

its not as posh as spacechick's des res (very jealous of that one) but as my work moves me around every 3 to 4 years, I designed mine to be fully collapsable (hopefully by me not the wind!) and I also had to make it cheap (due to a decree from she whom rules).

The best feature, in my opinion, is the chair so I can have a brew in the mornings with the chooks out of the rain!

At last here are a few pictures of my wonderful A4U wir - it's not usually so crowded with eglus but am introducing 2 newbies at the moment. Am growing honeysuckle up the front and clematis up the back and plan to put raised beds in from where the earth is at the moment. A work in progress! :wink:

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1640716006/PictureID=66280025006/a=102797300_102797300/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

Mushu looking out wistfully!

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1640716006/PictureID=66280020006/a=102797300_102797300/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1640716006/PictureID=66281335006/a=102797300_102797300/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

the cube door isn't usually on....

hope the pics work!

That looks lovely Alison, you must be really pleased! I am very :mrgreen: because I have been going on about getting a WIR since February.

I finally, finally got round to ringing the lovely man who does tree work, to ask him to come and prune the Bramley apple tree. He hasn't got back to me yet, I need to get that done before I get my run, because I don't want large chunks of tree crashing down on it!

As soon as I know when he's coming, I can go ahead and order - I've changed all my plans, it's just going to sit in the middle of the garden where the Cube is now, and be a bog-standard 3m x 2m with the Cube outside. I'm also hoping to grow a few things up it, like clematis etc .. if the hens don't eat them before they get off the ground!

Anyone know roughly how long Aviaries4U are taking from order to delivery? Maybe I should order now .. :think: