Popcorn

Which will come first?

Which will come first?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which will come first?

• Martin's Eglu
    • Gina's Baby

All good intentions to do squats have gone out the window, so definalty no cramps in my legs! Used to be able to do loads of them at my gym class.

In lower tummy and back area. I don't think they are contractions, but I'm not too sure to be honest. I can't really say that they are coming and going, it's more of an ongoing cramp/pain. I feel ok, and can still talk anyway!

Off to ly down. Friend has just bought me a load of trashy mags to read!

Annie - I have never been maternal either, and I'm not really that broody over other people's children either..... :? Is that bad?

Do you really think so? :? I'm not sure :? ....I've had them all afternoon though.

Right, I'm definatly off to ly down now. I'll try and get back later on..if not and something does happen - I'll text Superkate....

Probably see you later on though... :?:)

....the other thing is that I've not had a show or lost any water....

....the other thing is that I've not had a show or lost any water....

Again, with Duncan, I had no show and my waters were broken by the midwife a couple of hours after I got to hospital..

Do you know - I was never really "paternal" - I didn't even like holding babies. :? But then when our first little one was born - it was amazing. I just had all these "fatherly" feelings kick in.... instinct I guess. 8)

I didn't have a show either, Gina. I had what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions for a couple of days then my waters broke in the middle of the night when LSH was working nights (typical, eh!) and we had a whizz over to the Mat Unit! It still took hours for Tom to make an appearance though :roll: !

Phone charged and sitting next to me Gina - text when you're ready :D !! I'll pass on the news quicker than the BBC :wink: .

Oh Gina that does sound really positive. Not everyone gets a "show", and a lot of the time the waters don't break until later in labour, or even sometimes need to be broken during labour.

Take it easy, but moving around gently does help, although you don't want to tire yourself out at this stage. If it gets a bit uncomfortable a nice warm bath and a back massage can help.

Sometimes these early contractions can drag on a bit with a bit of stopping and starting, so don't worry if it seems to die down a little in a while, it's brilliant news that things are getting started.

Eat something light if you fancy it now.... you might not have much of an appetite later and you'll probably need the energy, but make it easily digestible..... a boiled egg perhaps :wink:

Fingers crossed there'll be good news later tonight or tomorrow. You have given Darren strict instructions on how to post on the forum haven't you :?::wink:

Phone charged and sitting next to me Gina - text when you're ready :D !! I'll pass on the news quicker than the BBC :wink: .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oooooooooo, I am soooo excited. I do hope this is it. I know towards the end of the pregnancy it seems to drag on forever

!! I'll pass on the news quicker than the BBC :wink: .

So glad about that - just logged on after being at work and even I'm getting excited - and I have no intention of having babies!

.........Although it brings back memories of my god children's birth - the twins - The dad's face was a picture when number 1 arrived then 5 mins later number 2!

Good Luck Gina

So any further news yet??????