Couperman

Stopping smoking is easy I've done it loads of times!

Hi and good luck. As an ex smoker I still struggle . Who is Alan Carr and what is the title of his book Sounds like I should read it. Have you tried hypnotherapy? It worked for me f(or a while ) but like you I tried and failed SO many times. Stick with it. Best wishes Allison & co x :)

HI

Am another Alan Carr convert, so is the OH. I admit it was a difficult read

and I kept wondering when is it going to tell me how to stop. More and more you connect with what the book is telling you and find yourself saying yes I did that or that makes sense (some chapters I had to read a couple of times before it sank in). I quit just before the end, just didnt want one.

A friend of mine quit on the patches and lozengers - now she's addicted to

lozengers still on about 6 a day after a year. She cant believe I have no cravings or totally dont want one. She says she will read the book but hasnt yet.

good luck and think positive - take it slow and change some habits but keep others just find ways round yr excuses (I used to smoke at work it was an excuse to get away from the desk now i still go for a walk but without the fags)

Lyn

Well tomorrow is my stop tabbing day!

I have to say I can tell the difference the Champix is making now I have reached the full dose level. The urge to smoke is now virtually non existant.

When I do have a smoke it doesn't do anything and I tend to not finish it. No point in lighting one really, weird. :?

As far as side effects go, I have had a few rather strange really vivid dreams. One in particular was quite frightening :shock: but no nausea and I don't think I have turned into a psycho just yet. Cathy has hidden all the sharp things just in case :lol:

So things are looking good. :D

Kev

(non- smoker in waiting)

8) Well done that man! This a great day Kev, I'm so pleased for you.

I know you'll look back and be glad that you took this decision.

Ok, it's early days, but I know you'll make this happen.

Keep posting here, we'll keep you going.

Here's to a healthier, happy Couperman. :D:D

Well done Kev, :clap: if you find yourself fancying a ciggie just take a deep breath and think how great the freedom of not smoking is. Your heart and lungs will certainly appreciate it and are probably feeling good about it already. :lol:

You'll have the money for another cube in no time. :D

Can you stack them like porta cabins? :lol::lol::lol:

I have my eye on a massive plasma telly. I might have to lie to myself about how many I used to smoke so I can have it quickly, 120 a day is about right. :lol::lol::lol: I can have it in five weeks then :wink:

Kev.

You'll have the money for another cube in no time. :D

Can you stack them like porta cabins? :lol::lol::lol:

I have my eye on a massive plasma telly. I might have to lie to myself about how many I used to smoke so I can have it quickly, 120 a day is about right. :lol::lol::lol: I can have it in five weeks then :wink:

Kev.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck Kev.

I Pm'd Kev a while back about the Allen Carr book as Myself and my lovely hubby are both smoke free because of the book. I'm really pleased to see that this thread has woken a few people up to the book. We really honestly don't EVER crave. He wrote another book about controlling Alcohol, but that is a different story................

I'm quitting too.... for the millionth time. The last time I gave up and restarted, it snuck up one me through ciggies at times when I'd finished one thing and was about to start the next, or I was waiting for a few mins (e.g. cooking dinner). Hopefully knowing this will help.

I've not smoked in the house for years, so I guess I'm going to try to replace some of the fags with 10 minute gardening tasks.

I'm into day 3 and still going strong, I even went out for a drink last night and resisted the temptation to smoke, which I previously found extremely difficult.

I am still having weird vivid dreams though :shock: Last night I dreamt that I coughed up part of my spine.....it was made of wood. I think there is a cryptic message in there somewhere, I'm not sure I want to know what it is! :?

Kev.