Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Here, even when it is cold, we can run to the car near the door, wearing a T Shirt - over there it took 5 minutes getting properly dressed, gloves on, coat zips done right up to the top, before you even dared open the door :shock:

:lol: and by that time you needed the loo!

+6 -ish here, very dull and grey, looks like it will rain. :(

I see you! :D

actually, I have seen that building when lost in Banbury... (looking for The Mill would you believe?)

I would believe - The Mill isn'teasy to find :roll:

You'll have to give us a shout next time you're in Banbers

will do but I doubt it'll be for the blues festival in March - just got the programme and there's no one we really want to see :(

let's be grateful for what we have (or rather don't have)

(Mayville is where I take my US holidays... :roll: )

Mayville, NY Weather Forecast

6:50 AM EST FRI JAN 16 2009

..LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SATURDAY...

..WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EST SATURDAY...

TODAY - Bands of lake effect snow - heavy at times. Accumulation 6 to 11 inches in the most persistent bands. Highs around 10 above. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 20 below.

TONIGHT - More lake effect snow - tapering off overnight. Additional accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Lows zero to 5 below. West winds 10 to 20 mph - becoming southwest. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 25 below.

SATURDAY - Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cold with highs 10 to 15. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph - becoming south. Wind chill values as low as 25 below in the morning.

SATURDAY NIGHT - Snow. Not as cold. Near steady temperatures around 10 above. South winds 10 to 20 mph - becoming southeast 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

SUNDAY - Snow. Highs in the mid 20s. South winds 15 to 25 mph - diminishing to 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.

SUNDAY NIGHT - Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Lows around 20.

I think that's all we need to know at the moment - brrrrrrrrrr....

Hi Everyone

Well if it rain, sleets or snows on your holidays or is sunny lets here about it as it is all interesting for those left here in the UK :!::!:

Well here in Preesall near Blackpool it started out wet until about 9 am the the rain went and we had a nice sunny day until about 3 p.m when the rain came back again. We seem to be having very heavy rain right now ( 11.49 p.m Friday night).

How has it been wherever you live?

Anyone going on a winter holiday please if you can give any weather updated whilst on holiday would be nice. Or if not a note on here stating you are going to ....................

Thank you.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

Torrential rain at 7.30 just as I was about to go up the garden! :shock:

Now dry, clear skies and mild, 9 degrees last time I looked. I've got a guy coming to quote for new fencing this morning, thought I'd better get my order in before the high winds start and everyone wants their fences replaced!

Got the girls out as usual first thing in wind and rain. Then I did something I haven't done for years - went back to bed for a lie-in. OH not around to disturb me and the teens are in bed till late afternoon, so a bit shocked when the doorbell rang (Postie) and I saw the time - 11.30! :oops: Postie apologised for getting me up, but squinting at the bright sunlight I thanked him because I hadn't intended that to happen! Shameful. Chores nearly done, girls in dustbath for the last hour and a quarter and all I need to do is race to get the cube cleaned while it is still nice outside.

Really windy here too, we had sun during the day but it was bloomin' cold in the wind. Torrential overnight too, we must have had a squall as it woke me up at just before 6 and according to other people I spoke to it woke them up too! Batton down those hatches I reckon, I'm supposed to be turning my mountainous compost heap tomorrow - at least THAT will be warm

BeckyBoo

Just come back off the M3 - there was an announcement that the weather was windy on the motorway sign! I had to wrestle with the steering all the way. Then going along I was caught in cross winds because the leaves were blowing across the road one way, then the opposite and then squirly up in the air and now I will do (with Paola's permission I hope) . . .

Weeeeeee heeeeeeee!

very windy and chucking it down here now. It was quite fair earlier, 'Two Sheds' was able to work on the lottie but it's torrential now.

This time last year it was the same, planes were being blown off course at Manchester airport (according to my diary).

Hi Everyone

Here in Preesall near Blackpool we started Saturday sunny and nice but the weather then changed for the worst. We have had very heavy rain and strong winds and the forecast is

for it to become stormy with gale force winds.

How has the weather been with you wherever you live?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie