Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Blowing a right gale here, & heavy rain too.

Same here. We've just moved the eglu down onto the ground in the more sheltered part right at the back of the run. If it gets any worse might put it in the garage before bedtime. The fence that forms one wall of the run has blown down a couple of times before in extreme weather. Been replaced but hope it holds.

:pray:

Yurk, don't like lightening. So far this evening the rain has been hurling itself at the front windows, the front door is making sounds like an elephant trumpeting and scared the living daylights out of me the first time it happened (never in all our years has it done that)! :shock: The garage doors are creaking and groaning too.

Then the worst bit - the sound of some really loud bump upstairs which sounded like it then clattered down lots of times before silence. No windows open upstairs, went in the garage, nothing there although I am happy that the doors are quite secure. Thought it had better not be a tile - how the heck can I sort that out. Went outside and as far as I can see no debris. What was it? :shock:

Just came back from collecting son - horrendous horizontal rain, a bit of sleet and lots of flooding here - but when I got to Basingstoke the worst was over and had a good run back, collecting Mim on the way home too. Seems all quiet on the western front for the time being. Also checked on mum - she saw lightning too, but I haven't. Can't see anything outside that has fallen down - wierd. I wonder if it is something in the garage, but the item has landed behind something else. Girls are still OK at the bottom of the garden.

Suzi's plan might be working - frighten the wind away from a safe position!

Mystery solved - OH had stacked 2 large pieces of wood by the kitchen window - one fell down and the other s"Ooops, word censored!"ed it's way down probably bouncing on the window ledge before landing on a bench. It didn't sound like it came from that side of the house though. Cloudy but can see blue sky and sun trying to peek out on the front - the back looks more ominous but I can see blue on the horizon. :dance:

Blue skies and sunshine :D - and a large willow tree splintered to the ground, sheep gathered around looking at it :(

Barns still standing........ :evil: , they're insured and need replacing :roll:

.....and the conservatory roof leaked again :roll:

The ground is just so wet.........

last night was definitely scary :shock:

the wind was so strong it was lifting up the boards on the scaffolding and dropping them down with a BANG... we were also getting sudden heavy rain which lasted for a few minutes, went away and came back again.

Luckily today, although starting out nondescript, has blue skies and sunshine although it's still windy