Ardene5

The Weather Thread

It was so dark here this morning, but was 10 degrees when we went out at 9am.

It is quite breezy still and was very widy last night. The cloche over one of my raised beds which has some spring green in it was ripped up and thrown accross the garden despite being held down by tent pegs and bricks. Various other things were moved too and there are quite a few twigs and small branches around on the ground.

It poured down last night again and the back garden is pack to bog status :(

The sun has just come out :D

I was promised sunshine by 9am ....... and it's still grey and damp and windy :shameonu::shameonu:

I have to finish some jobs in the garden that were almost done yesterday but I finally ran out of daylight at 5pm :roll::roll:

Perhaps I should have an early lunch and hope the weather has improved in half an hour :D

Pam, Pam, the sun's just arrived here, have you got some or shall I send some over :lol: ?! Have sent some anyway, might be a bit diluted by the time it gets to you though, it's not the strongest :roll: !

Sha x

It's sunnyish here in bits and paarts, but the wind is still bitter.

*waves* Wotcha fowlbird!

*waves back*

wotcha! :D

haven't been out cos I isn't well and want to get better soon cos I don't want to miss out on the Berks Omleteer meet when it happens...

looks like a bit of a stiffish breeze out there, OH says it was 'about' 10º earlier. Chilterns not so clear now but the sun's shining :clap::dance:

Hi Everyone

here today in Preesall near Blackpool, Lancashire it has been a mixture of a few sunny periods and then rain. Still raining as we type this on here now.

It sounds like the same weather here for Friday 23 rd January 2009.

Hope the weather is kind for you.

best regards

Ian & Valerie

Squelch squelch squelch! It's throwing it down here, 4.8C & a bit gusty judging by the rain hitting the Veluxes!

The lights are on indoors & the chooks are sitting by the back door, snuggled up in a heap. Not a nice day at all :( ! I really don't want to go out, but needs must!

It's rained so much, we've got to syphon some of the water off the winter cover on the pool before it overflows into the extension :shock: !

Stay warm & dry everyone,

Sha x

Lots of rain here overnight, I was lying awake listening to it and enjoying my warm bed, but knowing that eventually I would have to go out in it.

As it happens it had pretty much stopped by the time ED went out to school, ans when I took YD to school it was cold and damp but no worse than that :D

DS has finally given in to the flu like virus that he has been bravely plodding through this week and has taken to his bed, boiling hot :?:(

windy and wet here too - nothing dramatic and it looks calm further down the hill... I'm not going out in it because I'm still ever so poorly and my voice is a pathetic squeak.

OH will bring news of outside temperature when he returns with my apple turnovers (pathetic squeaks work on him ;) )