Joojoo

Unclaimed Tax Credits - PLEASE READ...

THANKYOU JOOJOO

We've both phoned out tax offices and we're eligible (by 1 day!!!)

theyre sending the form out.

We really could do with the money at the money what with a new baby and everything.

That's good news Bron!

Your post bumped this up and reminded me to phone - looks like we might also be eligible but I have to go via OHs tax office not mine. Here's hoping! :D

THANKYOU JOOJOO

We've both phoned out tax offices and we're eligible (by 1 day!!!)

theyre sending the form out.

We really could do with the money at the money what with a new baby and everything.

That's fantastic news :clap: :clap: and for everyone else who has been able to claim it. Happy Christmases all round :lol:

Wow thats fantastic. When did you apply? I am sending mine off today. Thankyou ju. Im not sure wether we are eligable or not, I cant find our tax code for that year but I thought I would send it anyway. I havnt rung them to ask because I will get all exited about it if we are and will be waiting for it so I thought it will just be a nice surprise if we do.

Thank you so much for this. I missed the first post - I need to read faster! Have just checked both our P60s and we seem to match and have printed off the form to complete and send. So many hopeful thanks to Joojoo, Claret and especially Red hot chick for making me notice it today :clap::clap::clap::clap::D

Must get DH to check the paperwork...he's printed off the email I sent him with all the details. Apparently an accountant was doing our tax returns at that point - not sure why on my account, I never thought I was paid enough money to warrant that... :shock: ! - & he'll get onto it today!

Thanks for the reminder RHC...am ever hopeful :pray:

Sha x

OK, just called them, you need to go to this link http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/forms/viewform.jsp?formId=3282, print off form 11CTC and then send it back to them.

Thanks for that :D

I got all excited but then if this is the link I have a few problems :?

The original post said that you needed a child to be born within the dates but this form requires a child to be in existence on 6/4/02 - my daughter was born in October so it won't apply to her.

Also that the relief isn't means tested - well it is as they will claw back £1 of credit for every £15 the higher rate tax payer is taxed in the 40% band. Therefore for the £1000 odd tax allowance if you are taxed at £7500 or more in the 40% band you will get didly squat. Okay not many will fall into this.

Oh and I was getting so excited - please tell me someone that I have the wrong link/application form 11CTC? :cry::cry:

edited for typo

Phosphorous, Your child did live with you for part of that tax year, and they were under 16 (minus something)

You might get a proportion, and then if one of you pays higher tax rate it might be reduced again.

I'd just fill it in and send it off, let the tax office sort it off. They can only say no!