Yorkshire Pudding

Maine Coon news - HE'S OURS! NEW PICS ADDED!

Well, the long wait for a Maine Coon of my own may be almost over.

I spoke to my breeder today - there have been 2 litters born recently, a single kitten to the first mum who has already been reserved, and two to the second Mum. Of these, one is staying with the breeder. The second is a red and white boy, he is huge even for a MC.

The one catch is that although Mandy the breeder doesn't want to keep him, her husband does! However, if he is to be sold, I have first refusal. He is only ten days old at the moment and a mixture of red tabby and white, what is called 'high white' meaning more than one third white.

It isn't the end of the world if her OH wants to keep him, as the final girl is due to have her litter in a week and we would then have the pick of those... I just rather like this little ginger and white boy.

VisaBaby1c1.jpg

Cross your fingers PLEASE!

Edited by Guest

I'm keeping everything crossed... he's adorable. Names keep popping into my head which is a bit premature in case I can't have him. Just look at those little white Vs on his eyebrows!

And he really is huge - apparently normal birthweight is 90 to 120g. This little fella weighed in at 158g :shock: and he is WAY bigger than his litter-mate. His sire died recently so there will be no more kittens from that line, which makes them extra special.

If I get him there will be a kitten-snuggling meet at my house! Omleteers welcome!

I'm keeping everything crossed for you!! I remember how excited your boys were about the maine coons and how they said I could come and visit your kitten when you get it, bless!!

Hope you get good news soon!! :wink:

:lol: do you think the kitty could bear both of us fighting to kiss his ears?

On another note, a friend lost her much loved and elderly dog recently - she's now getting two kittens from the same litter and wants me to go and see them with her. I shall have to wear my best Prudence hat so as not to bring one back :?

He weighed about the same as Alfie who is a BIG boy! Looks like a real cutie! I so want a red tabby!!! :D:D Alfie is now 7 months old and weighs 12lbs. He is to be neutered on Friday as he is now too big to play with my non Coonie cats - he keeps hurting them :anxious: Problems of having a big kitten!!!lol

Fingers crossed you get him! :wink:

Well, no news from the breeder yet - I fear she is having no luck with her OH; he had really set his heart on keeping the little ginger lad, but from a breeding point of view there is no reason for them to keep him. They have his grandma, mum and sister and don't plan to breed more reds or torties. So I fear it will boil down to his heart vs her head!

Not wanting to be the cause of a marriage breakup, I am not hassling them - the knowledge that in a few days there will be more kittens to choose from is a reassurance.

But I dooooooooooooo so want a red one! :?:wink:

How did I miss this thread :shock: . Too busy smuggling chickens through my own back door I suppose :oops: . I hope you get a kitty soon, he is adorable, it's hard not to fall in love with just the picture of him :lol: .

I don't know what you were planning to feed him and I'm certain you have places nearer you but just in case, the garden centre that is just along from the farm shop on Garforth Cliff has a pet food section in it. Our mogs have started getting the Royal Canin senior food from there, and they do the Main Coon food in that range there as well.

*Elbows to the front of the queue*, as I live closest to you I think I might have the best chance of kissing kitten ears before anyone else :wink: . I wouldn't put money on it though, I think Claret will kick your door down to kiss those ears :lol::lol: .