Looney

More chicken stuff....

...I came across these GNRGNR funky chickens PPPP at Greenwich Market yesterday, they're pretty cool!

http://www.refab.co.uk/all_products.php?ProductType=chickens

First time I'd been to Greenwich market - managed to leave with a doorstop, a hanging fish thing (I have a bit of thing for collecting fish-type items) and a pair of earrings ALL FOR ME!! :doh::lol:

My original idea of looking for Christmas presents for other people went straight out of the window!! :oops:

Greenwich market's fab isn't it? I used to go there regularly, until I realised that I was filling up the house with all kind of funky, crafty things which I just fell in love with but didn't really need. And that was in my pre-chicken days. Unfortunately it's just that bit too close and convenient for me to get to :roll:8)8)8)

I'll be looking out for those chickens next time I go :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually had absolutely no need for a doorstop but couldn't resist! :roll::roll:

They do look quite straightforward to make if you're good with doing that sort of thing (my excuse is I don't own a sewing machine :wink: ), I'm happy to send dimensions on. They are stuffed with rice and have a little zip on the bottom.

Loved Greenwich market but pleased I don't live nearby otherwise it would be fatal :lol:

Very cheeky I know, but I'd love to have a go at making one. Would you mind sending the dimensions or posting some pictures? I couldn't quite tell what the correct shape should be from their website! Good idea for christmas pressies (and live nowhere near greenwich market - that's my excuse) :oops:

Would be very, very grateful! :pray:

eyes squeezed tightly shut

begins the mantra.............

I dont need more chicken stuff

Oh I'm not very technical so you may prefer to hold on until I can get some photos up :? (I've just read that I need to set up a photo bucket account) At least with photos you could see where the seams are...

It is sort of pyramid shaped.

Base: The triangle that it sits on is 7 inches x 7 inches x 7.5 inches. With the longest side at the front.

Height: Again 7 x 7 x 7.5 with the longest side being the one that runs from the tail to the top of its head.

The comb, beak and wattle are all made out of felt.

Perhaps I should have paid more attention in home economics lessons! :oops::oops:

Good luck if you decide to have a go at making one - I look forward to seeing the pictures! :)

I did think that a really small version (maybe stuffed with something a bit lighter than rice and without a zip) with a loop on its head would make a rather unusual hanging xmas decoration........ 8)

.....as I mentioned before I'm not too practised at making these sort of things - but I've got loads of ideas!!! :!::idea::idea: