Old Speckled Hen

What is your dream trip?

Probably a very luxurious holiday on a wonderful island somewhere - the sort you see on the travel shows & lust over.

Huge bed with white sheets & heaps of cushions,outdoor shower,private pool,waiter service, deserted beach,pool with chilled towel & cocktail service,no children ...........you get the picture :P

The Greek islands are my most favourite places in the world so far,but I am more than willing to give somewhere a bit more tropical a go 8)

That said I would also love to go tornado chasing, visit Japan & take a cruise.

Spent a week last May on the Isle of Canna in the Inner Hebrides. Gorgeous weather, white sands and turquoise seas (cold though!). It only rained once, brilliant wildlife and less than 20 people live there permanently. So relaxing.

So a dream holiday would be staying on some of the other islands in the Inner and Outer Hebrides in a nice little self catering cottage, peace and quiet, with some books, a camera and a pair of binoculars and perfect weather of course! (it happens sometimes). :lol:

I have several! :D

Bora Bora, Tahiti in a stilted water bungalow, then onwards for another month in the Cook Islands 8)

Full Far Eastern tour to include - Bali/Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, and then pop across to Kerala India. 8)

Canada & Alaska exploring the mountains and lakes, find a hideaway (bear proof) log cabin, on the way home visit NYC (always wanted to go there) 8)

one of my obsessions is reading holiday brochures from cover to cover :oops: so am always dreaming of holidays

I want to go on a QM2 world cruise - I will when I retire. I also want to be on QM2 when they do one of their "meetings of the Queens" and have all the Cunard ships in NYC on the same day.

On the subject of the world cruise - Mum just got a quote for just that - world cruise, QM2 as a single passenger - she INSISTS she would have to have a balcony but there are so many quiet spots on her that you can easily do without one - I would take an inside cabin. Mum was quoted £21,000!!!!! I'm stil gonna do it though!

I would also like to visit Antartica and see Penguins in their natural habitat.

I've been lucky enough to do my dream trip. Spent 3 weeks in Canada with a whole week Polar bear watching & beluga whale swimming 100miles north of Churchill Manitoba :D:D

Stayed in a lodge with no phones (only a satilitte One) noe, tv. Just polar bears everywhere!!! They came right to the window of the lodge :shock:

Want to go back so badly, want to move to Churchill, my husky would love, but not sure about my chooks.

We all need to have a dream trip, done mine, & it will live with me always

I lived on South Georgia until I was 2 1/2 and I would love to go and visit. I have lots of amazing photos but I just don't remember it. One pic is of an Elephant Seal being in the way when I was being pushed in the pram :)

One of my dreams was to top Kilimanjaro and I have done that.

The other thing that I would dearly love to do is see the Northern Lights so anywhere that I could get a great view of that would do me.

Someone mentioned Bora Bora and my friend went there on honeymoon and it does look pretty damn idyllic. :mrgreen:

I'd have to go to Easter Island in the pacific ocean. I'd love to see the moai in real life and not just in books.

I would too, that would be ace, we priced it once... £7500 each :shock::( our total holiday budget for both of us was £5000 so needless to say we didnt go! :cry:

My current dream trip is on a Hurtigruten along the coast of Norway in the winter. I want to start going North just before the Arctic Circle, (Bodo?) Spend time stopping off and seeing places as we go along. Hopefully see the Northern Lights and take a trip on a Husky Sledge then come back all the way to Bergen.

Japan appeals to me too, at cherry blossom time.

I've been very lucky and I've visited South East Asia quite a bit, plus lived in the Caribbean.

For a relaxing Beach Holiday I think I'd like to try the Maldives or Madagascar.

If it was just me then I would go to one of those hot, sunny, enormous villa's on a beach that you see pictures of in the gossip news when Prince William whisks Kate Middleton off on hols. I would pack a load of books and spend my days doing very little.

If I could take OH then I would choose Reykjavik as it sounds so different to anywhere I have been before (and OH needs to be eating well and doing stuff or he gets grumpy).

If the kids were coming too then I would like a lovely cottage with an indoor pool right on a beach in Cornwall. We love cottage and Cornish beach holidays but the best placed and most luxurious are beyond our budget.

This year we hope to go to Wales with our tent...

Our New Zealand friend gets a "round the world" ticket, when he has saved up enough in time and money, which is probably such a good plan. I would love to see so many places - but I haven't even seen Scotland properly yet, and that is a must in my book. New Zealand would be lovely, and I would love to see the whales off Vancouver Island. I would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Australia of course. Bavaria - and seeing the Aurora Borealis would be wonderful (perhaps tie that in with a Scottish trip one day). As I said, so many places - and so little time and money :lol: !!!

I think quite a few Omleteers would like to see the Northern Lights. Maybe the Hurtigruten people could organise a trip with special rates for us! My diary is clear for the winter 2010/2011 season!

So many good ideas on here! Reykjavik and around and about! Oh yes! Sigh. So many places so little time!

Ohh so many places. first a safari not sure where exactly as don't like to look to closely at trips if i can't afford them lol

NYC where we are hoping to go next year, white beach holiday villa on the sand etc :D , canada train trip, grand canyon but don't fancy Vegas, san fransisco, florida again, European capitals (more achievable), like Redhotchick cherry blossom time in japan..... lots of places and not enough money :doh::lol:

Edited by Guest

Too many places, too little itme!

I'm lucky to have done quite a few of them 20-odd years ago, but I'd love to go back to the far east and visit some of the islands I missed. New Zealand is on my list too, as is a spa in some Indian Ocean resort, riding holiday in Spain, Scottish Islands......

Just now though, I'd settle for a day asleep in my bed... no disturbances, someone to look after the animals and feed me *sighs*