Paola

I want, I want, I want......

....... a Main Coon cat :oops:

I met a fellow Eglu owner through the forum and went to visit her yesterday. All went well apart from very tired and miserable 15 month old son :?

Anyway just as I was leaving I noticed silver/blue pile of fur on a chair. It was a gorgeous Main Coon cat :D

I have always liked the look of them but have never seen on in the flesh so to speak. Good job I had son on my hip otherwise I might have stolen the cat up my jumper :oops:

I just need to talk OH round. He loves the breed so I hope that it will not be that difficult :roll: We are catless at the moment, the first time in our lives :(

A friend had two of these when we were kids called Stuff and Nonsence they are like small tigers they used to disapear for days and come back looking like they knew more than you!

They used to hide under the throw on the sofa i know this because i sat on one and it quite literally grabbed me!!!! :shock:

Debra who works with me has a Maine Coon cat, he is lovely, like a big ginger tiger, with big fat paws and a lovely nature. He is very affectionate and vocal (likes to chat), but she says that they cost around £250 :?

One breeder I contacted a few months ago charges £600 :shock: I paid £800 for my dog so I know how much pedigrees cost :roll:

Maine coons are fab - I have three and they are addictive - you can see some pics in the link in my signature - in fact my baby is chasing the mouse all over the screen at the moment! be warned - they do grow big - Taz is not yet 2 but weighs in at nearly 20 lbs ( he is a big boy) and his sister is 12lbs which si biggish for a girl. I show them and they are doing really well! Price wise - we just paid £325 for our new kitten - they had gone up a lot since we bought the twin terrors nearly 2 years ago - you will be lucky to find one under £300 know I think!

ours are house cats though we have converted the childrens old wooden playhouse so they have the house plus run on the verandah and soon to be extra run on the side where they can be in the fresh air during the warmer days. we too have lost many cats to roads (last one only a few weeks ago) so couldnt bear to lose any of these. They are happy and well adjusted cats and as a breed are generally very laid back anyway (almost horizontal sometimes!!!) :lol:

What sort of dog have you got Paola?

She is a Laggotto Romagnolo (I think that it is how it is spelt :oops: ). An Italian gun dog. I found the breed at Crufts at the Discover Dogs section. The pic was taken just over a year ago. She is wearing a pair of knickers because she was in season :lol:

DSC00082.jpg