tom123 Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 Some people I agree with everyone Tash, you are such a lovely, kind, generous and very knowledgeable lady and far from lazy! I'm not a slim jim either and I don't really care what other people think of me, lazy, fat whatever because I know I'm not and that's what counts. Claret and the chainsaw I agree Lewis, any room for us men? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 Some people! Can only assume badly brought up and totally unable to empathise, but honestly! Chainsaws sound a little bit extreme, but hey, she wouldn't do it again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 We have a shredder. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clur Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 How about "I can diet if I want to, but sadly they don't reverse lobotomies...." By the time she'd worked that out, you could have been back in your car chuckling to yourself Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 like that one clur I love being quick enough to really confuse someone it works well with some little darlings at school, im not quick enough for some people though cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickweed Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 The response I would love to use is "Did you get a refund ...... from the charm school?" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 ....or .... 'Pre-menstrual are we?' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Pre-menstrual should never be used as an insult. Some women genuinely suffer with serious, debilitating menstrual mood swings. For them they are a form of temporary illness which has a real, serious impact on them and those around them. Others don't get symptoms at all but still get 'pre-menstrual' slung at them as if a vital part of their womanhood - their menstrual cycle - is a weakness and worthy of contempt. Not cool. About as cool as the n-word, denigrating homosexuals or being really rude to the disabled. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Ooh look the flower table: Brilliant Kooj I am astonished at what this woman said Add me to the list of "larger ladies",.....bet I could beat her in a race anyday, and could she hold two chickens at once or lift an eglu?....... I think not!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Pre-menstrual should never be used as an insult. Some women genuinely suffer with serious, debilitating menstrual mood swings. For them they are a form of temporary illness which has a real, serious impact on them and those around them. Others don't get symptoms at all but still get 'pre-menstrual' slung at them as if a vital part of their womanhood - their menstrual cycle - is a weakness and worthy of contempt. Not cool. About as cool as the n-word, denigrating homosexuals or being really rude to the disabled. I disagree, after the insults this person threw at Tasha I think anything goes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Two wrongs dont make a right. Would it be ok to throw a racist insult back at her, or a homophobic one? Why denigrate half the human race with a premenstrual insult? Surely that just drags us down to or under her level? I'm obese by several stone too, but there are ways of putting someone in their place without sinking to degrading levels, and without the shocking amount of condoning of hardcore violence this thread has turned into. I thought we were nicer and better people than that on here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 I dont put the same emphasis on calling someone pre-menstual as you do, it is not in the same league as racism or homophobia, sorry it just isn't. Seriously chicky if you dont like this thread you dont have to read it, that is meant in the best way. A forum is about choice and you ahv the choice to read or not read as you choose. And I think we are a lovely supportive bunch of people on here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted March 2, 2010 Author Share Posted March 2, 2010 I dont put the same emphasis on calling someone pre-menstual as you do, it is not in the same league as racism or homophobia, sorry it just isn't. Agreed - well said CM Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 30-50 years ago people would have said the same about racism or homophobia. Some still do. I'm pointing out that there are two kinds of bad when we get into premenstrual territory. First, that accusing someone of having a medical condition is a bad thing. It's the same as any other kind of comment about a disability/illness. And making a comment based on the assumption that all women behave aggressively when premenstrual does nothing to help or empower women. It just propagates a sad, negative stereotype. I think in the main we are supportive, but sometimes things can get a bit mob rule. This is a family forum, and if I had children, I wouldn't want them reading that it's ok to use certain kinds of insults and that talking about pitchfork and tank gangs is the best way of handling these situations. Tasha has my sympathy and support, but can we focus on her positives rather than getting caught up in extreme viciousness or anti-female sentiments? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 As this is Tasha's thread and Tasha has not said she has a problem with as 'playing around' on here I dont persoanlly see it a problem. We were all just having fun to cheer Tasha up, thats our support network. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 I have to agree, two wrongs don't make a right. Tasha you did absolutely the right thing, you did not lower yourself to her level, you instead left with dignity even if it didn't feel like it at the time. I hate to hear insults being traded. There was a terrible row going on at the doors of Primark last week when two people had barged past each other one going in, one coming out. Live and let live. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 we were only all joking about the possible come backs that 'could' be said not saying they had to be used. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted March 2, 2010 Author Share Posted March 2, 2010 Claret has obviously totally unitentionally touched on a raw nerve there CCC-ENN but I dont think that its going to set the female independance cause back too much! maybe a bit of an over reaction.. I dont think the comment was out of order at all - No worse than being derogatry about the people that live around us or saying that teenage mums are on a slippery slope after all Lets move on shall we? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Come to think of it, the rude lady probably was a teenage mum and comes from my hood. Ok, let's move on... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted March 3, 2010 Share Posted March 3, 2010 Could all posters please re read what they write and think twice before posting please? That way we don't end up with misunderstandings and topics having to be removed for consideration...... Whoooshhhhh....back on topic! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted March 3, 2010 Share Posted March 3, 2010 Could all posters please re read what they write and think twice before posting please? That way we don't end up with misunderstandings and topics having to be removed for consideration...... Whoooshhhhh....back on topic! Yes sir Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
debbier Posted March 3, 2010 Share Posted March 3, 2010 Reminded me about one of my favourite ever film clips, from Fried Green Tomatoes: To Wanda!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...