A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 oooh imagine us being on an omlet meet and we'd all met in the petrol station carpark. *giggles* oooh the picture on her face when she walked out would be great.... *chokes on banana laughing* She wouldn't be able to get past us though, Cooks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 my friends line was "yes I can lose weight, you;ll always be ugly and rude, have a nice day wont you" so very similar.. Oh yes I've said the same too There is nothing I hate more than rude people and I've no qualms about telling people I think they're rude either which is probably why Mr Griffins family thoroughly dislike me They're all rude and disrespectful Tasha I think you're great, don't listen to the deranged woman Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I can't abide rudeness either. Why is that people think anyone who is overweight must be lazy? We all know your a great person Tasha and she couldn't be further from the truth with her lazy comment the silly bint. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Yey This has become a Tasha appreciation thread I for one plan to give you a big hug on Sunday Tasha for rescuing those chicks yesterday Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 she deserves one.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 How rude! And to make a comment to a random stranger she clearly knows nothing about! I'd have barged past, pushed her into the flowers and gone with chickchickENN's comment. You did the better person Tasha ... hopefully karma will be back to see her. Thats really bad too chucky mama! Just out of interest ... Clare, when you meet this lady will you be wearing your regular chainsawing attire? *runs and hides* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Oi! *Clips Lewis round the ear* (mind, I'd have to stand on steps to reach your ear!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 One of my friends is a large lady and she's swimming the channel this year. Being big/fat does not necessarily correlate with activity or fitness levels. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Can I say I'm not surprised - I hate bad manners, some of the rudest are found in my surgery. I have to say most of the kids friends say please and thank you and so do mine to other people I am told - just not little old me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Oi! *Clips Lewis round the ear* (mind, I'd have to stand on steps to reach your ear!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Oi! *Clips Lewis round the ear* (mind, I'd have to stand on steps to reach your ear!) Doesn't miss a trick does he Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I'm furious on your behalf- positively fizzing!! There's not a lot you can do with people like that... just be happy in the knowledge that she probably leads a very sad life and has few friends! I'm shocked about your tale too Rachel, but when a little girl comes out with something like that, it's just so sad to think of the way she's being brought up... what a great start to life Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Nothing much to add that hasn't already been said, except I'm up for the chainsaw visit to the garage too!!I am always gobsmacked when people see fit to make rude and personal comments to complete strangers it shows such breathtakingly bad manners... but Tash you have to ask yourself...did she seem like the sort of person who's opinion you would value? I'm guessing the answer to that is a big fat NO, Rachel I am truly depressed about the comment from the little girl...some people are just not fit to be parents..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rosie Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I always remember the famous Winston Churchill retort to, I believe Bessie Braddock. She accused him of being drunk in the House of Commons and he replied with "Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." A useful quip, I think, which could be altered to suit. What a rude person you met. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I think i might have replied "oh, arent you all charm and lovleyness, i bet you are such a joy to be around" Tash, i think you look lovely Chuckymama, I bet that little girl ends up a very unhappy young woman, if she announces that in school (dont know how old she was) but she would have been excluded . but she is wrong, you are lovely too cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
docsquid Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Crikey, that's horrendous. People can be so rude and thoughtless. I'm not big (the opposite) but I have a lot of friends who are, and none of them are lazy. They are all lovely people. And as for the child - how sad she has parents that have brought her up to think that way. I simply can't understand how they can pass on prejudices like this to their kids. We all love you, Tasha, and Chucky Mama! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Shocking - I can't add much to what's been said above. I have a lovely fantasy .... the woman is returning to her car one night, the sky suddenly darkens, she looks up and her jaw drops. She clutches her handbag in horror as ... THE OMLET POSSE COMES TOWARDS HER! Crocs stamping on the ground, brandishing chainsaws, the largest ladies are in the front row. What's that they are swinging in their big, strong hands (hands that have been strengthened by fiddling with the beastly green clips, and toughened by cold mornings defrosting the Glug)? Yes ... TUBTRUGS FULL OF CHICKEN POO! You can probably fill in the rest. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 You lot are nuts thanks for the nice words Best retort so far that I have thought of would have been to wait for her to come out, I unlock my car and start to get in merrily shouting to her 'look what I got with my benefit money! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 you have only just figured that out now Tasha?? Great response, I do love your car Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Olly, whatever you're taking, can I have some? She'd obviously trained at British Rail charm school Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Unbelievable some people. Tasha, you are a lovely lady and that was the first thing that CTB and I both thought when we met you - closely followed by "how many chickens ????" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 My usual greeting to her is 'what have you bought now?' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saronne Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Tasha, IMHO, you rank as one of the most enterprising, kind, sensible and approachable Omleteers on this forum. Good job I didn't hear that person say those words to you. I'd have put a hex on her then given her a Leicester kiss.. Saronne x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I too am a larger lady and it is awful how we are looked upon - I am not a greedy person either so it hurts when poeple are like this - you sound a very nice caring person and from pictures on this forum you look lovely. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...