Reikiranf

Had enough of 2010

I was so sorry to read this, it brought back memories of my mum and dad.

I lost both of them very suddenly back in 1978. My dad died on May 19th and mum

the following week on the 25th. Mum died two hours after we buried dad. Neither

had been ill they both had heart attacks. They were aged 57 and 61.

Joy xx

How awful for you I'm so sorry, Words cannot really help but hope you stay strong through these hard times.

I can understand a little of how you are feeling as have had a horrid start to the year myself too... my Mother in Law lost her fight with cancer and we found out our expected baby had died within 3 days of each other in January so having a similar time coming to terms with two losses here too.

I hope you gain comfort with time,my thought are with you.

What a sad time you are going through.Your experience is so similar to mine.

I lost my parents just eight days apart in 2008. My mother's death was not entirely unexpected, but my father's was a shock.

You are probably feeling guilty, thinking you could have done more, been more aware, spoken out, not spoken out and so on. I still have these thoughts.

I do try to remember the good times though, and take comfort from the fact they were not apart for long. (hugs)

I am so sorry. :cry:

I lost my parents close together (Mum then Dad for me) and I think that the second does lose the will to live. As you said take comfort in the fact that they are together again now, however, this does not make it any easier for those left behind :(

Sending hugs and virtual support, and take every day at a time xx

Ditto to everything that Space Chick has said ((((((hugs)))))))

Amanda

So sorry to read what a sad time you're having right now. Be glad you spent the time with your mum when she needed you. Sounds like she decided she'd had enough and didn't want to go on without your dad.

Lou

Sorry to read your news as well.

Sending you both hugs.

I am so sorry. I lost my Mum very suddenly in 2005 and my Dad a year later. I have to say that my Dad had a really horrible year after she died and it would have been a blessing in a lot of ways if he had gone sooner. Take a small crumb of comfort in that for your Mum's sake.

Don't expect to "get over it". You will learn to live with it and it will get easier in time. I read an article on grief which said that you need 2 years to come to terms with an "expected" death, ie a parent and 4 years for any other - child, spouse etc.

After 2 years or so I suddenly realised that I felt OK again (after not realising that I felt so bad). I still miss them dreadfully and it hurts that they aren't seeing their grandaughters get careers and become lovely adults. However, I can now think and talk about them without that awful stomach churning feeling of loss.

I think you need to allow yourself to feel rubbish for as much time as you need.

Take care

Thank you all for your replies, hugs, thoughts & for caring. I'm so glad that I have my 'Omlet friends' as despite having a DH and three lovely children, my brother and his family I feel very alone, I can't explain it.

Thankfully I have no regrets or guilt about Mum and Dad, they moved to the coast 20 years ago and I saw them at least once a week and did everything I could for them, I left my job in May so I spent even more time with them, apart from Mum's illness last year we had a great year as a family, birthdays, my daughter's wedding and a fantastic day out on a canal boat.

Thank you all once again, I know it won't be easy but I know we'll get through it eventually.

Amanda. xxx