Reikiranf

Had enough of 2010

I've had enough of 2010 and I'm already looking forward to 2011! My Dad died very unexpectedly on January 5th, so my brother and I have been looking after our Mum 24 hours a day since then as Mum's disabled due to severe rheumatoid & osteo arthritis, she also has diabetes, it's not been easy as she lives 50 miles away from us, thankfully I have the best DH in the world who has been wonderful & holding the fort at home.

Then on Monday my brother couldn't get mum to eat or drink so he called an ambulance, Mum was taken into the same hospital that I honestly believe killed my Dad with their neglect , and she died on Thursday :cry: So as with Dad we've got to wait for a post mortem & feel we are in limbo, mum was always a fighter and nearly died last year but managed to come out of intensive care, but this time I think with Dad gone and the loss of my brother 9 years ago I think she lost the will to live, I'm glad that they are back together but can't believe I've lost both my Mum and Dad in 7 weeks and feel like my heart is breaking.

Sorry for moaning but I feel like my world has ended as I was the baby of the family in every sense of the word & the only girl so I was very close to my parents.

Amanda

:( You poor, poor lovely, I'm so sorry. In my book, the new year starts on March 1st, so don't write off the whole of 2010.

But Jan & Feb have been devastating, my heart goes out to you.

Be kind to yourself, and remember how much you were and are loved, it's a 2 way thing, that's why it hurts so much. The last few weeks have been terrible, it will take a while to feel alive again, but one day the happy memories will take over.

Wishing you all the strength you need to cope, it's early days, so just manage one at a time, your parents would be very proud of you. Sending love. xx

I'm so very very sorry hunni :( I'm not at all surprised you're feeling the way you are. I know how the loss of my Dad and then Ashley six months later has affected me.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any words of wisdom to offer you, other than to say that I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love & hugs

Take care of yourself xxxx

What a terrible time you have had and how very sad to lose both Mum and Dad so near to each other. The only thing I can say is that I never really feel my Mum and Dad are gone - they always still seem to be here with me.

I sincerely hope that the rest of the year gets better for youand you manage to find the stregnth to get through this awful time .

Lots of kind thoughts xx

You poor thing, you have truly had the most awful start to the year. How lovely that you and your brother took such loving care of your mother. What a comfort you would have been to her. Your dad would have been so proud of you. Your DH is there for you and will help you though this awfully sad time. Lean on him and love him, you will get through this together. Love and hugs to you - and to your brother too.

I am so sorry. :cry:

I lost my parents close together (Mum then Dad for me) and I think that the second does lose the will to live. As you said take comfort in the fact that they are together again now, however, this does not make it any easier for those left behind :(

Sending hugs and virtual support, and take every day at a time xx