The Dogmother

Lookie what I've got :D

Gee, thanks guys. Yes, Martin, that's 18 eggs! A couple were from last week, but there was a massive haul over the weekend, and Betty has started to lay and gives me an egg on alternate days at the moment. They are tiny eggs, similar in shape to Lavinia's but a slightly darker beige.

It is far too much to hope for little Lucille to be laying :roll: I'd love one of her little white gems, but we don't get many at all - perhaps 4 a year!

Congrats Clare!

Spring is def on its way! We have had 24 eggs in 8 days! AND the garden birds have started nesting in EVERY available gap in the roof!!! Saw a swallow yesterday :D . Last year they built a next just above our bedroom window and it looks like they're back again. :roll:

Do you sell your eggs Christian? Might be an idea.

I sell mine at £1.10 for 4, and £1.60 for 6! 10p of every sale goes to charity. I put on my labels and leaflets that people can come and see the chickens if they think they're overpriced. Then they will realise how happy they are. Thankfully "Ooops, word censored!"ody has knocked on the door! :lol:

We've always given excess eggs to friends, family and neighbours.

Last year Rosie (who is Chief Egg Officer) decided that she wanted to suggest that if people wanted to make any occasional donations for the eggs, then 50% of that would go to the BHWT. She has logged every donation that she's had and when that 50% reaches £10, I wil write a cheque for BHWT. We came up with a little flyer to put in each egg box. The donation is totally voluntary.

I would like to sell them Martin, but being away makes it difficult. Plus the neighbours and Postie always get some, so I feel mean asking for money now! :oops:

Maybe if i got a few more hens :think::think::think::think:

You know you want to Christian :D

Great idea (sneak them in your suitcase) :wink: