kitchens Posted June 29, 2010 Share Posted June 29, 2010 I think it looks fine. But if you want to take it back to a darker colour, first you will have to colour it red to put the pigment back into the hair before you colour it brown. If you just use a brown colour that has no red tones in it, it will go green. Simples Good luck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
midori Posted June 30, 2010 Share Posted June 30, 2010 As a hairdresser, it is not as bad as I was expecting, nor as bad as some disasters I have seen. The main problem is that the roots are much lighter than the ends. This happens either because there was a build up of previous colour on the ends, or simply as the heat from the head makes the roots take better. If she wants to re-do it and stay blonde, a hairdresser will be able to sort it out easily, by bleaching the ends/orangey bits only lighter and then putting a toner on all of it. Your daughter could do it herself, but the problem with bleach is it has to be put on very quickly really and can easily end up patchy. I wouldn't worry too much about the condition, the hair has to go very pale blonde before it breaks and although you do inevitably get some breakage when bleaching hair really light, if done well it is never enough to be noticable, even to the client and the condition will improve with conditioning treatments, not least as to keep up a bleach you only need to colour the regrowth and tone the ends, not put the colour on the end slike you would witrh red/dark each time. Hot oils are a waste of time (do they even do them anymore?!). Bleaching removes the protein from the hair, so you need a conditioner that replaces it. Aveda do some brilliant products, but I am not that up to date with what they have, so ask the assistant. Alternatively, the 'Aussie' range from supermarkets/boots etc is pretty good for that kind of brand and their '3 minute miracle' conditioner will help. Hope this helps. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 30, 2010 Share Posted June 30, 2010 Soooo, was it acceptable at school? I colour my hair and use Aveda's Damage Remedy conditioner - it's brilliant Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted June 30, 2010 Author Share Posted June 30, 2010 School didn't say anything,but the 'really strict' teacher wasn't in yesterday Thanks for that info,Midori - very useful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted July 1, 2010 Share Posted July 1, 2010 Try tigi Rockaholic shampoo, conditioner and serum, Very good for us bottle blondes Ooh I managed to find some of this in TK Maxx! They had giant pump dispenser bottles for £9.95. I haven't tried it yet but will give it a go. It smells fab! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 1, 2010 Share Posted July 1, 2010 Love it Cinnamon, you have a mini lady Gaga in the making there! She has a very cool image, but I too recommend the Tigi range of products. A shampoo & conditioner called some like it hot is fab. I've just had my hair done whilst on holiday & the fab hairdresser recommended it. It's brill, but all Tigi products are. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 1, 2010 Author Share Posted July 1, 2010 I got her a nice 'anti brassy' shampoo today plus some lee stafford hot shots......we shall see. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 29, 2010 Author Share Posted July 29, 2010 Quick update,which I thought might amuse some of you. I had grown used to the apricot, & Andy,our hairdresser came & did her roots today & also did another all over bleach which took it to almost platinum. It looked great 40 minutes after he left,she came downstairs looking like THIS: Photo is a bit blurry, & yes,that is a pink Eglu she is matching! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 Wow! That really is pink! I like it, and you won't lose her in a crowd Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 Wow!! - and I was worried about my outfit matching my dog Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 girls eh? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 29, 2010 Author Share Posted July 29, 2010 no matter what my mother says. It looks AWESOME (: From Cleo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 I went to art college with Humphrey Lyttelton's daughter and she had hair that colour, it was magenta after that. She stopped dying it after it started to drop out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 I agree it does look Awesome. I was like you at your age. I had every colour & style going! It's brill & it makes you a real individual! I admire your courage - most people frown upon anyone being different. Me..I'm all for it! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 Wow!! - and I was worried about my outfit matching my dog :lol: What colours will you have to be to match all your eglus?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 Wow!! - and I was worried about my outfit matching my dog :lol: What colours will you have to be to match all your eglus?! Anything but orange! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 You are only young once. It looks fab. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 Wow!! - and I was worried about my outfit matching my dog :lol: What colours will you have to be to match all your eglus?! Anything but orange! *Everything but orange! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 29, 2010 Share Posted July 29, 2010 I had a hankering for pink hair at that age, but my mother would have died and I never really had the courage. Like Egluntyne says, you are only young once. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 That looks fantastic Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 WOW, that is pink!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 I like both looks! I never dyed my hair growing up (it was long and I was lazy). My brother did tho and went from platinum to red to blue. I can't remember what colour it was at his wedding.....much to my mother's horror Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 I totally love it or that should be i used to have a pink streak - if i went all over pink i think my boss would send me home well done for being a super mum who lets their child be an individual cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 I agree it does look Awesome. I was like you at your age. I had every colour & style going! It's brill & it makes you a real individual! I admire your courage - most people frown upon anyone being different. Me..I'm all for it! Emma.x me too occasionally I wonder why I don't do it anymore evergy I think but I love it so do it while you have the freedom from the constraints of jobs and school and lack of time. It looks fab Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitbag Posted July 30, 2010 Share Posted July 30, 2010 That looks very ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...