matter

tit box

Not been on for ages--computer problems baffle me

Anyway,the girls are fantastic,but now have new birds. For christmas 2005 I got a bird box with a camera. Last year I had a couple of visits but nothing else. This year a blue tit has built a nest. I've brushed the rabbits each day and left their fur out with moss that Mable and Gloria have helpfully scratched up.I can watch the tits take the fur, then watch them on TV building the nest with it. I have a portable TV next to a fish bowl with tad poles in it .I'm happy but partner thinks I'm a bit sad.

Just a little insight into my life!

I think thats lovely. Theres nothing better than your very own bit of the country in your garden - doesnt matter how small it is. Wild birds are a real treasure.

I brush the lab outside and don't clear up the fur and then watch all the sparrows and tits and finches coming down for it, and theres a blackbird with a white blob on his head and his ladyfriend that have been coming for 2 years now.

Life is good, innit? :lol:

I dont think its sad at all.

The wonder of nature is an amazement to me, im quite a dreamer and quite often just like to listen to the birds, or just look at the trees and sky and think "wow, isnt this great" :)

Of course hubby thinks im bonkers, but thats why he married me :lol:

You carry on watching your birds.

How good would it be to have a camera in the eglu to see what the girls get up to at night?

I'm sure ours have a retractable glitter ball that comes down and they party til 7:00 am when we let them out. They do have have glazed eyes after all. :?

Reg

hee hee, I have that vision in my head now :lol:

Not sad at all.

I love watching all the wildlife in our garden and whooped :dance: :dance: with delight when we found that one of the hedgehogs that visits us has taken up residence in the hedgehog house :D:D:D at the end of our garden 8)8)

We have feeders for our birds and squirrels and love watching them.........keeps me amused for hours :D:D

No, I'm sorry Phil, but that doesn't suit you at all. I much prefer your sarcastic self to the smutty one :wink:

I always cut OH's hair in the garden and I scatter the hair around the Eglu in the vain hope it will keep the foxes at bay. I never did understand where all the hair disappeared to the following day. I thought I had a very cunning fox, but I guess I should have guessed the birds took it for their nest. What a wally :roll:

A lovely idea Mike. Where did you get the box and camera from?

No, I'm sorry Phil, but that doesn't suit you at all. I much prefer your sarcastic self to the smutty one :wink:

Gina - 'tis only cos I obviously have the expectations of Emma and AnnieP to live up to..

(see Eglu Mark 3 thread)

:wink:

Phil

sounds like a great thing to do Mike,

there's one online (there are probably lots) here:

http://freespace.virgin.net/malcolm.mclennan/webcampond/birdbox.html

this year a robin nested in my little shed - cos I often leave the door open (being a bit lazy and shoddy at that kind of thing) - unfortunately it was very windy a few weeks ago - and the shed door was banging - so I closed it (not knowing there was a nest inside) - and the robin was shut out. When I found the nest - there was a tiny egg in it - gone very cold :( it was nestled in a cocoon of my dogs hair - twigs, grass, moss, dog-hair...

I put the nest outside toe show the kids - but it blew off the shelf and the chooks tore it apart and ate the egg!! :shock:

sadly also - I had to have our dog, Dutch (we've had him for 14 years) put to sleep on easter Saturday - I still find clumps of his hair about the house and and am sometimes loathe to vacuum it all up - as it seems to be erasing the last traces of him.. (his bed is still in the study - and his dish is still in the kitchen :( )

was glad that he kept the local bird population going with nest material for such a long time! 8)

Phil

sadly also - I had to have our dog, Dutch (we've had him for 14 years) put to sleep on easter Saturday - I still find clumps of his hair about the house and and am sometimes loathe to vacuum it all up - as it seems to be erasing the last traces of him.. (his bed is still in the study - and his dish is still in the kitchen :( )

I'm sorry about Dutch :(

thanx Bron,

is a big wrench - the children have never known life without him until now... :(

here's one of the last photos we have of him - paddling!!

IMG_3288.jpg

Phil

Awww Phil, what a lovely pic and SO sorry about Dutch. :cry:

14 is a very good age for a dog, hope my Bracken is around as long. I will be devastated when the time comes, as we have no kids the animals are our babies :oops:

As my friend says "pets are only borrowed".

was glad that he kept the local bird population going with nest material for such a long time! 8)

Phil

Brings tears to my eyes :cry:

Very sorry to hear about Dutch, Revnev.

He looks very similar to my childhood playmate and first love, Kim. When asked what breed he was my Dad said he was a "Tripe Hound". I believed him until I was about 36.

can still remember my sense of loss when he died, so I understand how you feel

So sorry to hear about Dutch, Its very hard I know, we had our family dog for 17 years, for ages we thought we could still hear him scratching at the door to come in :cry: my dog is now 11 and I've got it all to come again :cry: Will you get another?

So sorry to hear about Dutch, what was wrong? :(

Our dog Harvey is fourteen too. He is extremely arthritic due to his previous owner throwing him against the wall when he was a puppy because he weed on the carpet :evil: and can't go far these days, it takes him all his time to walk back from the garden and we have had to put a child gate on so he doesn't fall down the stairs.

I am dreading the inevitible and trying to make his last months/years as happy as possible. Popping him up with anti-inflammatories and cod liver oil and glucosomine in his sardines for brekkie.

That really is a lovely photo though I think you should put it in a frame :)