Sal119

Garvo Feed - Wow!

Has anyone else used Garvo? We were told about it by our "chicken sitter", a poultry farm in Worcester, and decided to try it out. Amazing results! The chooks love it and seem very happy :D , it smells much nicer (if chicken feed can smell nice!), but the main advantage is there are hardly any droppings in our walk in run! Obviously all goodness and no rubbish in this food. Our four chooks definitely recommend this :D Apparently there aren't many stockists in the UK at the moment, but we got ours from a place at Rowley Regis (West Mids) about half hour drive away so I guess we're quite lucky.

Yes place out Manningham way. Darvills or something like that. From recollection it was £9.45 for a 20kg bag of Garvo 730 mash. When I got mine they had another bag as they had to with minimum order stuff, and that wasn't long ago. I'd ordered it specifically. And they are really lovely there :D

Anyone know whether chicks like Garvo or Bokashi mix best? So far my chooks seem very picky indeed and I am on type of layers mash number 3. The first came with my chicks, but they woudn't touch it so into the bin it went; the 2nd came from Omlet in a very pretty bag but my chooks were not impressed and only pecked the odd bit; the 3rd is from Feather and Beaky and is the most popular so far but I wouldn't say they really enjoy it. They'd far rather stick to just corn which I can't be very balanced. What say you?

Has anyone else used Garvo? We were told about it by our "chicken sitter", a poultry farm in Worcester, and decided to try it out. Amazing results! The chooks love it and seem very happy :D , it smells much nicer (if chicken feed can smell nice!), but the main advantage is there are hardly any droppings in our walk in run! Obviously all goodness and no rubbish in this food. Our four chooks definitely recommend this :D Apparently there aren't many stockists in the UK at the moment, but we got ours from a place at Rowley Regis (West Mids) about half hour drive away so I guess we're quite lucky.

I've been using it for nearly 12 months the feed and Sturmans

Anyone know whether chicks like Garvo or Bokashi mix best? So far my chooks seem very picky indeed and I am on type of layers mash number 3. The first came with my chicks, but they woudn't touch it so into the bin it went; the 2nd came from Omlet in a very pretty bag but my chooks were not impressed and only pecked the odd bit; the 3rd is from Feather and Beaky and is the most popular so far but I wouldn't say they really enjoy it. They'd far rather stick to just corn which I can't be very balanced. What say you?

If you feed them just corn, they'll stop laying and get fat. Just leave them with the pellets - they'll not starve. They are just holding out for the corn.

From my experience - Garvo wins on all counts - mine really dont go for the Bokashi mix at all. As a special treat try them on the Garvo Alfamix - they adore it! Only prob is scarcity of suppliers ..... I get mine mail order from Scotland..

I've found a supplier with an online shop in Malvern, Worcestershire. They feed Garvo to their own hens so guess they must think it's good. :) I'm going to try a small bag of GARVO ALPHAMIX first. I admit though that perhaps my desire to see my chickens 'eat up' is that I am used to rather greedy dogs. My Jack Russell loves all my chickens' mash. Luckly the Omlet Grub pot is putting pay to this as he was getting rather fat - well I was using a dog dish :lol: .

I've found a supplier with an online shop in Malvern, Worcestershire. They feed Garvo to their own hens so guess they must think it's good. :) I'm going to try a small bag of GARVO ALPHAMIX first. I admit though that perhaps my desire to see my chickens 'eat up' is that I am used to rather greedy dogs. My Jack Russell loves all my chickens' mash. Luckly the Omlet Grub pot is putting pay to this as he was getting rather fat - well I was using a dog dish :lol: .

there's a supplier in Oxfordshire

Mr. J. Draper

Hatford Lofts

School House

Hatford

Faringdon

SN7 8JF

Tel: 01367 710731

Mob: 07929066721

Email jdraper1@btinternet.com

I have mine delivered from Jim Vyse. He is on the web, lovely man and really helpful.

I live in Kent and he delivers all over the Uk.

Saying that mine dont really like it :lol::lol:

I just mix it in wth their Wiggly Wigglers stuff and they eat it as long as its hidden, put it on its own and they dont touch it, Strange chooks.