sadietoo

Woollen Duvets

I'm the opposite, I like it to be light and can't bear sheets and blankets. I love winter when I have my fluffy feather and down duvet on.

I'll talk to you about yours on Saturday Lesley and see what I think.

As we have singles, I'll bung one in the back of the car Clare - I'm still getting used to the crackling noise but it is quieter than when new. The first night was a bit like sleeping under a big crisp packet and the duvet didn't snuggle around the body but the next night it did......so no draughts now.

:D:D:D Well, two nights under my lovely wool duvet........

sooo very pleased i bought one.

Not heavy , very comfortable and toastie......

Still having hot nights and i can say, as i have heated up i have not melted

as i would have done with my Down quilt.

I haven't noticed any smell, it is a bit rice crispie.. but i'm sure that won't last,

The cotton cover is better quality than on my down quilt. Not put off by the

lack of bulk, and it drapes around me nicely . The empty half of my big bed doesn't

seem as cold and warms up quickly when i have rolled over.

I had put my electric over blanket on the bed , (as i don't have my rad on in the bedroom)

and have used it....before new quilt arrived....I have had to take it OFF the bed....not

needed.

THANK YOU for the advice, reccommendations and reviews. :clap::clap:

Got mine from Dawsons....... :dance::dance:

:D:D:D Well, two nights under my lovely wool duvet........

sooo very pleased i bought one.

Not heavy , very comfortable and toastie......

Still having hot nights and i can say, as i have heated up i have not melted

as i would have done with my Down quilt.

I haven't noticed any smell, it is a bit rice crispie.. but i'm sure that won't last,

The cotton cover is better quality than on my down quilt. Not put off by the

lack of bulk, and it drapes around me nicely . The empty half of my big bed doesn't

seem as cold and warms up quickly when i have rolled over.

I had put my electric over blanket on the bed , (as i don't have my rad on in the bedroom)

and have used it....before new quilt arrived....I have had to take it OFF the bed....not

needed.

THANK YOU for the advice, reccommendations and reviews. :clap::clap:

Got mine from Dawsons....... :dance::dance:

Am so glad you're pleased with it Angie :) It's always a worry when you rave about something that someone else won't think the same when they've bought one.

Aha - you lot are not just incorrigable spendthrifts, but also solvers of great and arcane mysteries! A couple of months ago I was put up in a rather nice Berlin hotel in the course of my work, and the bed had strangely thin but warm duvets (I don't remember whether they crackled). Reading this thread I now suspect they were wool ones. I wonder if they caught on in Germany first? And does anyone remember when we all called duvets 'continental quilts'?

Kirstine

Aha - you lot are not just incorrigable spendthrifts, but also solvers of great and arcane mysteries! A couple of months ago I was put up in a rather nice Berlin hotel in the course of my work, and the bed had strangely thin but warm duvets (I don't remember whether they crackled). Reading this thread I now suspect they were wool ones. I wonder if they caught on in Germany first? And does anyone remember when we all called duvets 'continental quilts'?

Kirstine

I do ...I remember feeling very continental when I got rid of my blankets and talked my parents into my first ever duvet....so liberating...no more feeling like Tutenkhamen at bedtime!!!! :D

My Superking arrived from Dawsons today and is on the bed :roll: I am so easily led....

Factoid: The Queen refuses to sleep under a duvet and wherever she goes insists on sheets and blankets (so your mum in classy company Claret)

The Queen doesn't have to make her own bed or do the laundry though :D

Update...first night under new Woollen Duvet... and it's fabulous. It does sort of drape around you so no more drafts around my shoulders. On the noise front it is kind of crinkley, but so was the synthetic duvet on the bed in our holiday cottage.....I know it's early days but I love it!!!

Just got in having collected my duvet from mum's house. They delivered before 9.30 this morning so no waiting around all day! Mum is pleased with hers, and had opened it up to breathe a couple of hours before, there was no discernable smell :dance: The cotton cover is good quality, and has a glaze to it, which makes it sort of rustly, but it's not like paper rustling, much more subtle.

I've just opened mine up and there is a very, very faint smell of some sort of cleaner or bleach? I imagine this was from the manufacturing process and expect this to disperse. It is not strong or annoying in any way, just a freshly cleaned smell. I imagine this is much more preferable than the smell of the sheep it came from :lol: and is certainly not a bother.

Mine is now laid across the bed to air and I look forward to trying it out tonight.

Off to check out Sainsbury's click and collect shops now for the matching pillow :wink: