sadietoo

Woollen Duvets

I have searched the boards quickly for this, as I can't believe it hasn't already been discussed on the forum, but came up with only one reference, so my question is, does anyone have any experience of these...do they go lumpy? I see that John Lewis sells one make, but they only have medium and light weight options and suggest you buy both to make winter weight...they aren't cheap so this doesn't seem the best option...anyway, as usual your experience and comments much appreciated .

Oops I see the apprentice has just started, so I won't expect any responses for a while yet..!!!!!

I posted about ours yesterday on the heating thread :) I got a Fogarty one from Dawsons. Oh, and their delivery was suberb as you get a one hour time slot. It's an all weather one and we didn't find it hot over the summer which was the main concern. Mine is washable as well at 40. Obviously haven't used it over a full winter yet but I haven't been cold in it so far even with the dropping temps.

It did seem odd at first as it's not like a normal duvet but so far we wouldn't swap it. I'm also getting near to the pre-menopausal satge and had been having the odd night where I was far too hot and sweaty in bed and that hasn't happened at all. DH also gets really hot in bed and normally throws all the covers off. Again he's been fine and we're also both sleeping better. I was so impressed that I bought a wool mattress cover as well which I got cheap from M & S.

A big Thumbs Up from us :D

It did seem odd at first as it's not like a normal duvet

Could you elaborate - how is it not like a normal duvet?

It's thin and flat rather than being deep and bouncy iykwim. It's ages since I've seen a woollen blanket but I suppose it's not much thicker than two of those.

i have just brought one but not put it on the bed yet. I had a big discussion about them on another website forum and they had rave reviews. My back has gone at the moment so cant put it on the bed, as soon as i have I will let you knoe what its like. I got myine direct from the company that sells to John Lewis (decided they might make more money by doing that) as they are an english company with english wool..

i have just brought one but not put it on the bed yet. I had a big discussion about them on another website forum and they had rave reviews. My back has gone at the moment so cant put it on the bed, as soon as i have I will let you knoe what its like. I got myine direct from the company that sells to John Lewis (decided they might make more money by doing that) as they are an english company with english wool..

I'd be interested to hear what you think, and who you bought from.

We've all had woollen duvets now for just over 2 years and will never go back to normal ones. In fact I've even bought them for 2 of my boys who've just moved out....don't tell OH :lol:

We have the all seasons one from White Cloud trading company and initially I too thought they were a bit thin.....but they are wonderful. They drape over your body and you never get too hot and we all seem to sleep a lot better now. We've even got the wool stuffed pillows from them, the ones in which you can place aromathery sachets and they are just as brill

Big thumbs up all round I say :dance:

Mine was from the New Zealand nature company and I got it sent from NZ - not cheap but got the thickest one - its warm and cosy not flat and wonderful!

http://www.nznature.co.nz/Product-Detail_26.aspx?CategoryId=77&ProductId=875 I have a king size quilt and their king size is actually a queen size! I had to pay import duty for 1 as was time of bombs etc and they refunded me and the next one did not incur import charges

I have ordered one from Dawsons,if it is as warm as my wool "Over" electric blanket without the heat on

i will be more than pleased. As much as i love my down quilt i hate the clumping and the daily shake.

I have Arthritis and it can be very painful to shake the feathers back into place. So i am going to give the

wool duvet a try. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I have ordered one from Dawsons,if it is as warm as my wool "Over" electric blanket without the heat on

i will be more than pleased. As much as i love my down quilt i hate the clumping and the daily shake.

I have Arthritis and it can be very painful to shake the feathers back into place. So i am going to give the

wool duvet a try. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Guarantee no clumping on the wool duvets - they are great

I've just found some online reviews which are not very complimentary. They mention a strong chemical smell and a rustling lining sewn into the duvet. Have those of you who have these wool duvets noticed such problems?

Claire, I can't recall a smell so if there was one it went very quickly. Ours was crinkly at first but that also soon went. I've never slept so well since having ours as DH isn't overheating and waking me up!