sadietoo

Woollen Duvets

I ordered 2 singles for our superking bed the other day and I can assure you there is absolutely no chemical smell! I was expecting to have to leave them to air for a week or so as any smells like that will trigger a migraine for me.....we used them the same night as delivery. The cotton cover is crackly - I mentioned to Anne it was like settling down in cardboard city :lol: The second night was quieter! and Anne says the noise doesn't last long.

OH loves his - I'm still getting used to the lightness of mine - I'm used to my synthetic one enveloping me like a big marshmallow and this one doesn't. I have been warm and toasty AND I haven't been throwing it off in the middle of the night as I usually do :D

We aspire to a Devon Duvet but the cost was prohibitive - and the Fogarty ones from Dawsons were half price. I ordered thursday evening and they were despatched on Friday with a delivery day of Monday. I checked online on Monday morning and the parcel was loaded at Banbury at 6.30 but not showing a 1 hour delivery slot. OH had to drop me off at my sister's for 8.30 so I stuck a signed note on the front door and hoped delivery would be later.........he was back by 9am and the parcel was in the porch. They had sent an email at 8.31 saying delivery would be between 8.34 and 9.34.

Dawsons have emailed me to say quilt will arrive in the morning. :clap:

That is a fab service i only ordered on line last night, lucky i am

not going out in the morning.....( WIR is coming at lunch time,

with two nice men to put it together for me and attatch cube to

the outside of run ) So not only will my little chickies have a nice new

home ,but i will have a snug bed too...Yeah :D:clap::clap:

Oh!! the wool duvet was recommended to me by my Rheumatologist.

I have also made a purchase :D

Two king sized duvets on their way :dance: Thanks Anne for providing the Dawsons link, they do not show up on any searches as being the cheapest place to buy the Fogarty ones.

I might get a wool pillow too, but Tesco direct was cheapest for those and I can have it delivered to the store near work for free. No rush there, but the duvets, especially the king sized ones, are selling out everywhere :shock:

I have also made a purchase :D

Two king sized duvets on their way :dance: Thanks Anne for providing the Dawsons link, they do not show up on any searches as being the cheapest place to buy the Fogarty ones.

I might get a wool pillow too, but Tesco direct was cheapest for those and I can have it delivered to the store near work for free. No rush there, but the duvets, especially the king sized ones, are selling out everywhere :shock:

Hope you're as pleased with yours Claire as I am with ours. Wonder if it's the Omlet effect that's making them sell out - lol

I keep wondering about wool pillows as well but do love my memory foam one.

Must have alert - I have the pillows AND the mattress protector - there are no dust mites in woolen duvets either!!!

Susan, how supportive are the pillows?

I like them and they are quite supportive but they are the NZnature ones from NZ so not sure about the ones over here.

I am very interested in getting a woollen duvet as I struggle to be at the right temperature under my down and feather one due to hot flushes. All the info I can find seems to compare wool with synthetic. Has anyone on here swapped to a wool duvet from a down one, and what do you think of it? Also, I see there are different weights. The ones from Dawsons are Fogarty ones that are 360 gsm, but one can also get 400, 450 and 500 gsm duvets from other websites. We rarely have any heating on at home and the bedrooms are very cold in winter, would the Fogarty one be warm enough do you think??

I am very interested in getting a woollen duvet as I struggle to be at the right temperature under my down and feather one due to hot flushes. All the info I can find seems to compare wool with synthetic. Has anyone on here swapped to a wool duvet from a down one, and what do you think of it? Also, I see there are different weights. The ones from Dawsons are Fogarty ones that are 360 gsm, but one can also get 400, 450 and 500 gsm duvets from other websites. We rarely have any heating on at home and the bedrooms are very cold in winter, would the Fogarty one be warm enough do you think??

I swapped from a good down duvet to a wool one. Got the Fogarty one and have had it since the end of May. I'm not at the hot flushes stage yet but we used to overheat in bed as DH can get very hot. Also, I know we didn't have the predicted heatwave this year but it wasn't hot over the summer which was one concern. As for keeping warm, well we never have the heating on in our bedroom overnight or in the morning and so far we've not been cold either. Hope that helps a bit.

We are in the frozen North - north east scotland home of snow and frost for ever = we sleep with windows open at night all year and have the 450g one which is really great and not cold at all.

I keep a very thin slim one for summer heatwaves!