abwsco Posted November 26, 2010 Share Posted November 26, 2010 Oh no, I have been resisting reading this I can't have a duvet at all as OH is a really Sweaty Betty. I have to sleep under a sheets and pathetically thin blankets He is just as bad with the thinnest duvet. Now I am in a real pickle do I or don't I I so long for my duvet back but can't cope with having to change the sheets as often as I have to when OH has a sweatathon. Reassure me please, I want a duvet again DH is a sweaty betty at night (sometimes felt like we could wring the sheets and pillow out) and I've posted before that he's had no problems since getting the woollen duvet and protector even over the summer. He's also not had a sweaty head since last week when I got the pillow protectors as well. Haven't I made him sound attractive Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted November 26, 2010 Share Posted November 26, 2010 Doubled up tesco tokens for £30 so duvet cost me £9 Sorted for another pressy! Bargain Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted November 26, 2010 Share Posted November 26, 2010 Doubled up tesco tokens for £30 so duvet cost me £9 Sorted for another pressy! Bargain Bought as Tesco are so quick with the doubling up tokens came in about an hour so it really is a bargain when you look at it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 I've just ordered my duvet Thank you all for such a wonderful thread. I know I won't be disappointed when it arrives as all Omleteers have such good taste I've ordered a super king sized one, even though my existing feather duvet is a king sized one- when I measured the size of my 2 duvet covers they will easily fit a super king quilt in them-I wonder if our old feather quilt has been a super king sized one all along Anyhow it was a saga ordering it. I've ordered it from Sainsburys online to be delivered to my local store for free collection, & I wanted to use my dad's staff discount card & get it ordered in his name to his address so I can get an extra 15% off. He's gone all huffy on me, saying that he's not allowed to order things for other people as it contradicts his employment contract & he might get sacked etc etc, even though in the past he has allowed family members ( not me, mind you) to use his discount card instore but hey, that's family. If our family were a flock of hens I would be at the bottom of the pecking order. Rant over Anyhow, there's 25% discount on selected linens till 30th November, & my duvet was one of them I also ordered through Quidco & I'll get 3% cashback, too http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/120460335_fogarty_best_nights_sleep_wool_duvet.html?hnav=4294967025 The pillows are out of stock though If my dad wasn't being so awkward i'd had 40% off the duvet, but never mind. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 Oh no, I have been resisting reading this I can't have a duvet at all as OH is a really Sweaty Betty. I have to sleep under a sheets and pathetically thin blankets He is just as bad with the thinnest duvet. Now I am in a real pickle do I or don't I I so long for my duvet back but can't cope with having to change the sheets as often as I have to when OH has a sweatathon. Reassure me please, I want a duvet again Try separate bedding? - we have a single duvet each but you could have a duvet and OH could have a sheet and blanket. Just cover the whole lot with one big bedspread in the day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 I've just ordered my duvet Thank you all for such a wonderful thread. I know I won't be disappointed when it arrives as all Omleteers have such good taste I've ordered a super king sized one, even though my existing feather duvet is a king sized one- when I measured the size of my 2 duvet covers they will easily fit a super king quilt in them-I wonder if our old feather quilt has been a super king sized one all along Anyhow it was a saga ordering it. I've ordered it from Sainsburys online to be delivered to my local store for free collection, & I wanted to use my dad's staff discount card & get it ordered in his name to his address so I can get an extra 15% off. He's gone all huffy on me, saying that he's not allowed to order things for other people as it contradicts his employment contract & he might get sacked etc etc, even though in the past he has allowed family members ( not me, mind you) to use his discount card instore but hey, that's family. If our family were a flock of hens I would be at the bottom of the pecking order. Rant over Gosh that was cheap - good buy well done - I was lucky that I used my vouchers but sainsburys was out of stock before too or I would have bought it full price! Anyhow, there's 25% discount on selected linens till 30th November, & my duvet was one of them I also ordered through Quidco & I'll get 3% cashback, too http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/120460335_fogarty_best_nights_sleep_wool_duvet.html?hnav=4294967025 The pillows are out of stock though If my dad wasn't being so awkward i'd had 40% off the duvet, but never mind. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 Oh no, I have been resisting reading this I can't have a duvet at all as OH is a really Sweaty Betty. I have to sleep under a sheets and pathetically thin blankets He is just as bad with the thinnest duvet. Now I am in a real pickle do I or don't I I so long for my duvet back but can't cope with having to change the sheets as often as I have to when OH has a sweatathon. Reassure me please, I want a duvet again Try separate bedding? - we have a single duvet each but you could have a duvet and OH could have a sheet and blanket. Just cover the whole lot with one big bedspread in the day I might just do that you know. If the wool duvet doesn't work it's a single duvet for me and the scraggy blanket for him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 Good for you CM Luckily Phil is a good sleeper and I hardly know he's there- no sweatiness, and best of all, he's only here one night a week, so I get the bed and a king sized duvet all to myself Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 28, 2010 Share Posted November 28, 2010 Oh no, I have been resisting reading this I can't have a duvet at all as OH is a really Sweaty Betty. I have to sleep under a sheets and pathetically thin blankets He is just as bad with the thinnest duvet. Now I am in a real pickle do I or don't I I so long for my duvet back but can't cope with having to change the sheets as often as I have to when OH has a sweatathon. Reassure me please, I want a duvet again Try separate bedding? - we have a single duvet each but you could have a duvet and OH could have a sheet and blanket. Just cover the whole lot with one big bedspread in the day I might just do that you know. If the wool duvet doesn't work it's a single duvet for me and the scraggy blanket for him Have you considered a dog kennel......outside? OH goes to bed....and wakes up..... extolling the virtues of his new duvet .....every night.....and every morning........ I think he likes it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 28, 2010 Share Posted November 28, 2010 @ dog kennel suggestion. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 28, 2010 Share Posted November 28, 2010 ...... OH goes to bed....and wakes up..... extolling the virtues of his new duvet .....every night.....and every morning........ I think he likes it Knowing how Carl is a man of few words, he must be impressed! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhapsody Posted November 29, 2010 Share Posted November 29, 2010 OH is claiming he is cold under the wool *whispers* I think its just drama but I'm going to go buy him a cheap single to put under the wool duvet on his side Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 I found my wool duvet too cold, so had a blanket over the top. I ended up changing it back to my king-sized feather and down filled winter duvet and was snug as a bug again last night. I shall use the wool one whne the weather is warmer or in the spare room when it's finished. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 I've put a throw across the bottom foot of the duvet just for a bit of extra warmth on my feet. May be getting older but I'm not wearing bedsocks yet. Apart from that though we've not found it cold. Still got no rads on in the bedroom and the window open. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 I have a throw at foot of my bed, year round, as that is where it lives, still snug in my duvet. Rads still not on in bedroom. And dare i say it ....I sleep alone in my kingsize bed.(9 mths a yr.) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 I'm now used to mine and as snug as a bug in an unheated bedroom (radiator on frost setting so max temperature is 12 degrees). I have a woollen blanket as well, and an old feather eiderdown across the bottom of the bed. I have a thin bedspread across the top instead of a duvet cover too, but had all these with the synthetic duvet. No waking up in the night with icy feet now, and I seem to sleep better, although the changes were subtle, not immediately noticable. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 I'm in an unheated room too with the window open as always, but I found I was waking up cold with the woollen duvet, but not with the feather and down one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted December 16, 2010 Share Posted December 16, 2010 My duvet is from NZ and I bought the 500g one which is warmer than the fogarty one - I am so cosy in it its fine and light too! Must ask my son how his is I bought him from Tesco. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted December 17, 2010 Share Posted December 17, 2010 Cosy warm in mine too, but then I have a radiator of a husband next to me. In fact,I got too warm last night Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted December 17, 2010 Share Posted December 17, 2010 I'm now used to mine and as snug as a bug in an unheated bedroom (radiator on frost setting so max temperature is 12 degrees). I have a woollen blanket as well, and an old feather eiderdown across the bottom of the bed. I have a thin bedspread across the top instead of a duvet cover too, but had all these with the synthetic duvet. No waking up in the night with icy feet now, and I seem to sleep better, although the changes were subtle, not immediately noticable. Same here - we have a thin bedspread over the top to hold the two duvets on the bed but it is folded back at night. We've been snug as bugs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted December 17, 2010 Share Posted December 17, 2010 I have low blood pressure, which means that I get colder at night. I always have the heating off at night and the window open (can't abide stuffy rooms) much to Phil's disgust when he visitis Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted December 17, 2010 Author Share Posted December 17, 2010 Mine was from Devon Duvets.. IN this cold weather we have not had to resort to a sleeping bag on top of our duvet like we did last year...toasty warm, no complaints Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted December 17, 2010 Share Posted December 17, 2010 and as we sleep with window open all year round we have ice inside the windows in this weather and I am toastie in bed in face sometimes too hot Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 Bumping this old thread as Dawsons have 15% off until tonight. The code is LOVE15 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted February 15, 2011 Share Posted February 15, 2011 I have a woollen duvet from Devon Duvets. We went for their lightest one (about 4.5 tog equivalent. something like that). The reason we went for the lightest one is that some years ago I bought a horrendously expensive pair of goose down duvets (obviously I didn't know how the down was collected back then, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it). We put the summer duvet on, as it was summer, and we never changed it. So when it came to buying a woollen one, we decided to stick with the lightest one, on the basis that if we got cold we could supplement with the BNIB autumn goose down duvet. We haven't needed to supplement, although I did wake up night in the snowy weather with cold feet. But we don't have heating in our bedroom, and I leave the top window with a small air gap, so I'm not surprised. I just tucked the duvet under my feet, to make a little cave, and it was fine. At the moment I am finding I wake up and I'm a biit hot. I'm only 45, but I#m beginning to wonder if it's the symotoms of menopause starting! So, apart from that one night, there has been no problems with being too cold. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...