bluekarin

Ollie cat - very sad update

Oliver, our 8 year old ginger tom is really not himself. He has lost a lot of weight in the past two weeks. We are taking him to the vets later today, but I am just so worried about him. He is sleeping quite a bit and just generally being lethargic and not himself. He will purr, but not at his usual loud volume. He is trying to eat, particularly loves wet food which is like crack for cats (they usually have Iams dry biscuits). I don't think it is a cold or flu as he isn't sneezing, and I don't think he's eaten anything as he hasn't been sick. I just hope it's not something like leukaemia or kidney problems, which I have a horrible feeling it might be. If it is something like leukaemia, then I will feel so guilty, as we've not had their vaccinations for the past couple of years, just due to lack of money really. Anyway, hubby will take him later. I won't go as even just thinking about it sets me off. I will just hope for good news :pray:

Edited by Guest

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope its nothing too serious.

My 12 year old cat became ill recently and lost weight, she was also lethargic but its turned out to be thyroid disease and she has tablets now and appears to be fine. She's still not quite as big as she was before but that's probably not a bad thing. So it might not be totally awful news for you.

Thank you all for your kind words. Unfortunately it's not good news. He has a stomach tumour, which the vet could feel clearly :( He's had some steroids and if he's okay on this dose, he'll have another one on Friday which will last a month. We could put him through all the tests and ops, but we feel it's unkind to him. We will keep him as happy and comfortable as possible and then, when the time comes next year, we'll do the kind thing. We are all so heartbroken by the news. I knew it would be bad. The kids didn't take it in at first, thinking the injection would solve everything, but we had to point out that it's terminal. Too, too sad :(