Wonderful cubes, and great to have a sticky so we can find it easily.

I have a question (please don't all groan, but I can't see any reference to this anywhere - but probably missed it in all the eggsitement)

:roll:

Ahem

On the side where the handle is to open the front door - there is a door in the photo - but no one mentions it or has a photo of looking through it.

When is a door not a door? :lol: Is it is just the same mould as the eggport side so not a door really :?:

Or is it really a door, but no one has looked in it yet :?:

i.e. are there doors/ports on both sides of cube as well as the opening back and lid?

And I am getting seriously worried that I will not be able to put it all together - I live outside the Omlet delivery zone. :shock:

Well done Kate on doing such good photos - I struggled with mine , especially getting them into the chicken gallery - into the thread is great! I've decided not to close the door for a couple of days ( chooks in a secure run) until I decided exactely where in my run it's going to be (permanently!) and then cut a small hole in the chain fence to accomodate the handle when it's fully extended. Might help the newbies to settle in if they can get themselves in & out at their leisure - all 5 are still crammed into the eglu ! Not even mealworms are tempting them out! Hopefully when I let them out into garden , free ranging,in a few days time, they will have cracked the ladder etc. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine - I was in love with the Eglu but the Cube is something else ! ( Sorry to everyone who is waiting for theirs - I'll go & sit under a cold shower now!)

No apologies necessary - the fact that those who have already got theirs - are delighted with them, and in some cases exceed their expectations - just reassures those of us in the queue that we made the right decision and that they are worth waiting for.

So - with the mention of the sliding out pin etc - would a pen eight feet wide be wide enough to accommodate the amount of room you need?

Just wondered as thinking about best place to position it in my chicken pen.

Could of course fiddle about with it when it comes - wheeling it around like moving furniture.

Thanks for the answer Kate. I expect that it keeps the costs down making both side panels identical. Just needed to know. :lol:

Your second response popped up after I posted mine but before mine hit :lol::lol:

Hope you enjoy your shower :wink:

Kate it looks gorgeous in purple

I would have liked a colour other than green but I don't think our garden would have looked right if we had a coloured cube

Maybe next time eh :wink:

Just got to get ours delivered and go and choose some new occupants :D

Dilly - the cube has been incredibley well thought out & goes together like a large meccano set . I'm not in the least DIY minded but I know I could have put it together - but not in the 20 mins Johannes took ! Seriously, don't worry , you will manage fine.

Hmmmmmm

Do we all get a free Johannes when we order our cubes? 8):lol:

No, it's not a door, Dilly but a panel for cosmetic reasons I suppose so it matches the Eggport on the other side :wink: .

Shame really

Does that mean you either have to try and reach through the eggport door, go into the run and get to the from their door or take th eback off if you want to catch a cheecky one hiding in a corner of the roosting area

Dilly , I have just been out & measured the width of my run & it's 6ft wide and , with a little help from the snips to make a hole in the fence , am going to manage OK , so 8 ft should be fine . My run is very long , but it's the width that's important as you need access to both sides , as well as back & front.

The ladder rungs are completely smooth but I have just seen my hen Stuart go up & down it with no problems. If there were problems I suppose you could put some sandpaper around the rungs or roughen them up a bit for better grip.

Bronze - the back panel comes off in seconds - it's briliant! I haven't got a run with my cube as it's in a secure pen , but obviously with a run attached it would be difficult to get to the front door , but as I say , the rear panel comes off quickly & easily and gives you complete access - no hidden chickens!

We're going to make a wooden ramp with little grip bars :D Ok Mikey said he would :lol:

What i don't understand is how you can keep leaving it to come on the forum...get out there and play all afternoon until dusk. You've room for a drinks fridge and a table of snacks by the looks of it. :wink::lol:

BBx

Edited by Guest

You don't actually have to need one do you :wink:

I ordered one and I had 2 eglus and 3 bantams in a big pen

So I sold and elgu, and run convertor and extension and bits and pieces and I have ordered one.

So's not lose my bantams in the huge cube - I just had to order four more, and still have room for more.

Hmm I think I should keep the original eglu after I get the cube - I might find a good use for it eh Claret? :wink:

And claret, as far as OH getting his hands on it :roll: I thougth you knew it is I who is the practical hands on doing things - OH is the talker

You just have to have a talker and a do-er in every relationshop :lol::lol:

It is so exciting! I have a cube on order and after seeing the photos am a bit worried. It has to go in a big run which has fencing about 8ft high. I know the run is big enough but my worry is that it has a gate to go into it and the sections of the cube look really big. The gate is ordinary door size do you think it will fit through (maybe sideways)?