Mr Rhode Island Red Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 Oh yes...that little game It wasted away several hours of my life that I will never get back It started off a few month's ago when my friend asked me to go on Farmville because he said it was fun and he wanted more "neighbours". I said to myself: Ok...I'll go on farmville, add my friend as a neighbour, and then leave it aside forever. That wasn't what happened. I became a total addict for a few month's, checking my farm several times a day, to click a mouse on a few cartoon animals and cartoon crops. But thankfully, I got over it, removed it from my Facebook home page and haven't checked my farm for ages...and that's the way I want it to stay. Anybody have a similar story to tell about that putrid little game? All replies welcome! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 .....and that was why I didn't play it. Glad you saw sense though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 Me too - I,to my shame,even spent real money on it a couple of times I gave up 18 months or so ago now. It all got a bit twee & twinkly for me - I might have stayed if they hadn't cuted it up so much! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
squiffs Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I got addicted to similar ones, restaurant city, country story and some pet one... eeek. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 Thanks to my sister, my hubby plays tiny towers on his iphone Every few minutes it goes *ping* as there some thing or other that needs doing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I got drawn in a while back, and then got bored with it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Rhode Island Red Posted July 20, 2011 Author Share Posted July 20, 2011 Wow...4 replies in about 5 minutes of me posting this! Correction... Eglutyne made it 5 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I was addicted for over a year . Got bored when they brought out the UK version though and gave it up. Don't miss it a bit although I remember it fondly . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 Level 113 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I used to really enjoy messing about with it until I had so much stuff I couldn't keep up with the maintenance and found a cure - more time on here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I have seen it but not tried it. However my friend in the US said she was playing Bejeweled Blitz and that I should have a go. You can waste so much time on it!! I have tried to convince myself that it is good for the older brain as it encourages fast reactions .......I am just kidding myself and really have to give it up! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I used to play Bejewelled Blitz - but it says I need to update adobe which I have and still won't let me play. I used to while away the hours playing it so perhaps is a good thing I can't play it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I decided it was a total waste of time.. I got fed up with all the messages too. I now fill my time with a lot more crafting. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 I started playing Gardens of time on FB. It started off ok, I went on once a day; then loads of people added me as neighbours & I was busy busy busy. Phew I thought! I'm near the end as it goes up to level 40. Then I checked last week & they had added 20 odd new levels ...so I deleted it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 Sounds as if we need a support group to keep us on the straight and narrow and away from these games Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted July 20, 2011 Share Posted July 20, 2011 My name is Jane and I was a Farmville addict! In all honesty, it didn't last long as it was just taking up far too much time. I looked at some of my neighbours palatial farms and realised that I would never achieve such riches. I gave it up a long time ago and feel much better for it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 *pats Jane on the back* That was very brave of you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickpea Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 I was a farmville addict! Gave it up when I had too many things to do on my real plot of land! So annoying getting sent the 'gifts' all the time, always so much to deal with! Much better off without, now have time to get me some real pigs and a shiny red tractor! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 I bet you will never get a real pink sparkly sheep with heart shaped deely-boppers though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LuckyChickenLover- Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 I used to be really addicted I gave up because it used up WAY to much of my time, and I just got bored in the end. I'd spend hours going though people's wall collecting building materials/ animal feed/ saplings etc I'm glad I gave up... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lindafw Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 my name is Linda and I too was a farmville addict...I gave it up easily with no withdrawal symptoms...I now play frontierville daily !!!! lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 Fishville was great until I lost my collection when I went on holiday all my little fishes died Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 Not me! But judging by the number of updates I get about other peoples farms quite a few of my friends are addicts Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 21, 2011 Share Posted July 21, 2011 Curses I just clicked on Fishville and seen pretty fishes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 22, 2011 Share Posted July 22, 2011 Step away from the fishtank, Plum . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...