chuckmum6

I don't want to go to school!

Have got through the first day back, tho it was only an Inset. As I work at a C of E secondary school we began with a service at the church nearby - today we sang a hymn which included the line 'bid my anxious fears subside' which I thought was well chosen. (Last year we had 'Hobgoblins nor foul fiends shall daunt his spirit' in a hymn - actually, the school isn't that bad!)

First day back here too. We have a second INSET day tomorrow and then the kids are in on wednesday. At the moment I don't know if I am coming or going - hopefully it will all start to fall into place tomorrow! I always dread the first day back after the summer holiday, but today has gone smoothly and my classroom is almost as I want it - an achievement that took me almost the whole of the last year to get to!

I think I have got a new personal best( sorry, been watching the Athletics all weekend!) I has 2 inset days last week, and 2 days with the children in school...and I came down with sinusitis on Saturday! A child who sits on my table ( SEN kids mostly) has an awful cold, and coughs like an Alsatian....poor lamb x :( but I really could do with out feeling like my face is going to pop!!

I think you win the prize for 'fastest catching of germs' Sari, hope it eases soon. Only yesterday I said to OH that it had been lovely to not be ill for six weeks. That will soon change with the onset of the first school cold. My students are all SEN and much as I love them they are very good at sharing their lurgies :anxious:

I had INSET day no1 today with another tomorrow. Today was ok except for some online training - very dense text for 4 sections then a multiple choice test with very pedantic wording. Managed it but struggled to see straight afterwards!

First day with the kids today...

Only had 7 in, think it should have been 8-I'll check it out tomorrow and see who turns up-we start off a few at a time so I'll have 14 by weds..

Kids all seemed ok-had 1 mum in tears as it was the first time the little girl had been left-little girl was fine!

ah well, only 34 get ups to half term!

The acting head changed lessons to 100 minutes, but the real head who came in the summer term has changed them into 2 50 minute lessons for most of them. Some lessons will be 100 minutes though....

Everythings changing because of the closing of middle schools this summer

Edited by Guest

Back at school now... well I'm now in sixth form at school so it's a bit different. All lessons are doubles, but you get free periods ;) which means I don't have to go in until 12 on monday :D And also I can come home at lunch.

It was a shock to the system getting up at 7:30 though!

First day with the children back today. I was asked to help when the school photographer came to photograph year 7s and year10s, then discovered that no-one had organised the session. Instead of helping and doing a bit of crowd control I had 500 teenagers to sort out! I then did some cover with a special needs class for a couple of hours, during which time a boy left the room to 'go to the toilet' and was returned by one of the deputy heads who had found him up a tree outside. You can't say my job's boring.... :shock:

Can I rename this, I don't want my son to go to school. Not only does it make me sad (as I have already mentioned I miss him) but today I got back a monster :?

I expect first day tiredness but this was off the scale, the worst behaviour we've seen in a while but he then went out like a light after calling out in a tiny voice "sorry" ahhh bless

Last INSET today, yesterday was tough as we had some mental health training which dealt with bereavement, this was just after the day my mum died last year, so I was rather shaky. Spent a bit of time in my art cupboard to recover. It was good training though. I'm not with the children until Monday. Feels like I've never been away!

Girls are both back now, eldest went yesterday she is ecstatic she is now in the top set for all her subjects even art and drama :shock::shock: and she has exactly the same timetable as her best friend and her arch rival has been put into the opposite half of the year. So all her hard work in Year 7 has really paid off for her.

On the other hand.....the youngest was an absolute nightmare last night, but this morning she was up and dressed no problem.

I've spent the whole morning doing just what I wanted to, the ponies are sorted, I've cleaned out the ducks, fed the chickens, picked blackberries, checked the fences and done some weeding . All without a little voice saying can we go home now!

I must add though we have had a fantastic holiday.

I have only had 1 week off since October last year and have 3 children. I have 1 further week off planned in October. I work and entertain my children at home throughout the holidays and so life is pretty full on. I am quite happy to do so. I am thankful of any time off and enjoy time spent with my children, they are growing up so quickly and will be gone only too soon :( I am so aware of how fortunate I am to have a job and really sympathise with those that would give their eye teeth to be in secure employment. I really hope that things work out Redwing and that you don't have to 'enjoy' too long a break :pray:

A teacher friend just sent me this, thought it might be appropriate for this thread:

"Twas the night before school started when all through the town, teachers were groaning, it was a disturbing sound. By 10 they were washed and tucked up in bed, where memories of children filled them with dread. New pencils, new folders, new registers too. New classes, new grey hairs, their anxieties grew. The parents just giggled when they learned of this fright, you've had 6 weeks off, they're all yours . . . Goodnight!"

:wink:

Back at school now... well I'm now in sixth form at school so it's a bit different. All lessons are doubles, but you get free periods ;) which means I don't have to go in until 12 on monday :D And also I can come home at lunch.

It was a shock to the system getting up at 7:30 though!

Er... I think those 'frees' you're referring to are 'study periods' :lol: Ok I'll leave you alone now :wink:

I dont want to start a big debate on teachers 'lots' but after having one week off during the summer I am finding it hard to be sympathetic!

In three weeks time I will be redundant, perhaps I will enjoy the weeks off then :wink:

True (well five and a half weeks actually) but my OH will be the first to admit that during school term I work double his 'full time' hours.

A teacher friend just sent me this, thought it might be appropriate for this thread:

"Twas the night before school started when all through the town, teachers were groaning, it was a disturbing sound. By 10 they were washed and tucked up in bed, where memories of children filled them with dread. New pencils, new folders, new registers too. New classes, new grey hairs, their anxieties grew. The parents just giggled when they learned of this fright, you've had 6 weeks off, they're all yours . . . Goodnight!"

:wink:

Love it :clap::clap::clap:

If anyone wants to join the teaching profession you are very welcome, the uptake on teacher training is very low this year. It is totally exhausting, stress filled, but never boring and boy do you need the holidays!