chicken bark

Four more lovely hens arrived today! **with pics**

Today I acquired 4 beautiful hybrids - a Bluebelle (always wanted one of those) two gorgeous Black Rocks and a pretty Warren type. I think the hens were originally from Jody at Raw Green Cottages, but the lady I got them from is moving abroad so they have come to live with me. :D

First off - sorry no photos yet - I know the rain is no real excuse! :oops:

They are really affectionate. I have had cuddles and they have eaten out of my hand right from the off. :dance:

I should also add that my ex-bats are coming on a bundle too. They charge at me for the treat tub now and occasionally leave me with flesh on my fingers! :roll:

I think my running total is now 39 but I am definitely stopping there (until the new year at least! :lol: ).

Edited by Guest

My newly acquired Bluebelle called Primrose is completely DIM!!!!! and likes to make a BIG noise about anything and everything. We have had her over 6 weeks and she still has not worked out when I shout girlies at the top of my voice it means food....whereas as the other newbie we got at the same time is well ahead. Just this last week she has worked out where her home is too. (cube purple)GNRGNRGNRPPPP(Bluebelle)

Well like the true little stars they are they put themselves to bed and the Bluebelle laid me an egg too!

The previous owner must have worked wonders with them. :)

I like reading all your Bluebelle comments - I shall look forward to her antics!

They are keeping their original names so the Bluebelle is called Tikka, the Warren is Ginny, and the Black Rocks are Goldie and Murgh.

Congratulations, they are good looking girlies, especially the first pic of your black rock's, she's stunning :)

Bluebelle's are funny, mine seems so straight laced and decent, then she goes and pecks one of the other girls on the bum and runs off as if nothing happened :lol: she always is great with my 2 year old, she follows him round the garden!

Enjoy your girls, looks like they'll have great fun with those apples too!

Beautiful, wouldn't want to meet bluebell in a dark alley. That hen has attitude :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That really made me laugh! Just imagine walking into a dark alley and shes scratching about... turns to look at you, freezes, and comes flapping & squarking towards you :lol: ahh I should go to sleep :anxious:

Lovely girls, I especially like bluebell now 8)