Cheeky Chooky

A couple of pics of my new Frizzle girls

I do feel very lucky to have managed to get both the breeds I wanted...and in such a short space of time. Some very lovely people have helped me along the way, Cheaky and Redwing :D

I put Nettex Ground Sanitising Powder on the earth, then hardwood wood chips from Flyte so Fancy and the lovely caretaker where I work gave me 3 huge black bags full of leaves. I have no idea how well this arrangement will work or last for but as the girls are all bantams, their poo is nothing compared to when I had hybrids! :lol:

Your girls are just gorgious :)

I am so :mrgreen:

I have wood chippings and leaves on my WIR floor , they work great , I have a few bags of them . After a few weeks I just rake them up and put in the compost bin .The girls love rummaging around in them .If you don't clear them they just bio degrade down...I got that tip from on a thread here somewhere.

Just caught up with this.

Aren't they just beautiful?!

I like your idea, Cheeky Chook, of putting greens in that bird feeder thingy. My chooks always trample their greens through the mud so I'm gonna pinch your idea. At the moment however I have one of those burssel sprout stalks complete with about 8 brussels, hung up by a hook screwed into one end. They are just loving it :D

Redwing - didn't I hear that a little frizzle birdy might have come your way too? Can we see her?

:shock: My OHs ex-wife is called Mandy and my daughter (who is 21 today!) is called Amy :lol: The other girls have Aussie names as they are Australorps (Australian Orpingtons) :wink:

I originally thought of Christmassy names as it's December but Ivy sounds too old and I had a dog once called Holly :lol: They're cute and fluffy and need cute and fluffy names :wink:

:shock: My OHs ex-wife is called Mandy and my daughter (who is 21 today!) is called Amy :lol: The other girls have Aussie names as they are Australorps (Australian Orpingtons) :wink:

I originally thought of Christmassy names as it's December but Ivy sounds too old and I had a dog once called Holly :lol: They're cute and fluffy and need cute and fluffy names :wink:

Oh dear, you don't want an ex-wife's name :shock:

Fluffy, cutie names would be nice - how about Puff for the white one and Pumpkin for the cuckoo one?

Actually, I'm no good at suggesting names for other people as they are really rather personal but you are bound to find something on the Omlet Wiki for Chicken Names :D